Italian Pot Pie

This is not a satellite picture of the surface of Mars, it is the view of the comforting dish I call Italian Pot Pie which has way more life and flavor than Mars at this point. Be warned, this is not gourmet and the recipe even calls for canned crescent rolls, gasp! I know, I know, chemicals in a can with artery clogging hydrogenated oils. So now that I made it all sound so appealing, I must say it is a tasty dish and when brought to a potluck a disappearing dish. Italian Pot Pie is a quick and simple dinner and when served with a great big garden salad and some fresh fruit it is just great. Everyone loves a good pot pie, don’t they? Give this one a try in place of the usual chicken pot pie. Change can be good. Oh and when they do find life on Mars, snicker, those little green guys are all tuning in to the Big RK for the best recipes this side of earth.

Italian Pot Pie
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
2-3 cups favorite pasta sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 can crescent rolls, gasp!
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning for sprinkling

In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread ground beef. Pour sauce evenly over beef. In a medium bowl mix sour cream,Italian cheese blend, and Italian seasoning. Spread evenly over meat and sauce. Open crescent rolls, unroll and place over the entire dish trying to pinch seams together. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little Italian seasoning. Bake in 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until crescent rolls have browned and cheese is bubbly. Serves 6-8.

1. Lisa
    Posted May 28, 2008 at 1:25 PM | Permalink

Yum, this sounds delicious!I love all things Italian.

2. EAT!
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 9:39 PM | Permalink

Love the crescent rolls at our house. Can’t eat just one.

Posted May 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM | Permalink

lisa- I’m partial to the Italian goods too!

eat!- one crescent or one tube, as in my case!

4. deLa
    Posted June 3, 2008 at 5:07 PM | Permalink

i love it! my husband asked me the other night if i knew how to make pot pie and when i said yes he asked me why ive never made it. im just not that big a fan of it i guess…. but THIS – YUM!

Posted June 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM | Permalink

dela- hope you and hubby like this version it is simple and so delish.

6. misty
    Posted May 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM | Permalink

I make something similar but w/ left over roasted chicken. I’ve never put sour cream in it though, going to try it tonight and see how we like it. thanks found you on pinterest by searching “italian pot pie”

7. Karen
    Posted November 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM | Permalink

Just made this recipe tonight. Easy and delicious! My family loved it. Will definitely make again. I only had a little sour cream so I just added some cottage cheese. Worked perfectly. Thank you for this recipe!