Quick Crustless Quiche

Quick Crustless Quiche…Quick Crustless Quiche…

Say that fives times real fast. Bet you can’t. This quiche is an old stand-by in our home. I have served it numerous times for dinner over the years. I have done many variations as well. It is truly quick and easy and great as breakfast or any other meal with a salad, nice bread and some fruit. The cheese makes a chewy (good chewy, not bad chewy) crust on the bottom while the butter and flour float to the top to make a super thin and delicate, crispy and golden coating. Most of the ingredients are always in my pantry or refrigerator making this a quick oven to table meal.

Quick Crustless Quiche
7-8 slices Muenster, Swiss, or Provolone Cheese
6 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
4 eggs
2 T. dried minced onions
1/2 cup flour
2 T. Butter
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c milk
Dash of Pepper

Line the bottom and sides of a greased 10 inch pie plate with cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. In a blender, blend the rest of the ingredients for one minute. Gently pour over bacon and bake in 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.

Note- The quiche in the picture is made with ham. You may also substitute sausage, kielbasa, or leftover vegetables in place of the bacon.

1. Kate
    Posted May 17, 2008 at 1:34 PM | Permalink

Excellent. I’ll be trying this soon — I think it would be great to take to work for lunch.

Posted May 18, 2008 at 7:47 AM | Permalink

kate-it does reheat nicely for work lunches, enjoy!

3. Lisa
    Posted May 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM | Permalink

This quiche looks delicious. I would much rather eat filling than crust. That goes for pies also 🙂
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Posted May 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM | Permalink

Lisa- Hey Jersey girl thanks for stopping in too. Crust is good if it is a good crust, but most aren’t so great, so I’m with you.

5. Nicole
    Posted May 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM | Permalink

This looks great! Totally my type of thing. I think I will be making it very soon.

Posted May 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM | Permalink

nicole- let me know how it goes, would love to hear what you put in yours, you always come up with something yummy!

7. Kristen
    Posted January 6, 2010 at 1:34 AM | Permalink

I made this tonight for me and my hubby. It was absolutely DELICIOUS.
    The cheese "crust" made it so much better than a regular quiche, but I think next time I make it I'll add 2-3 more strips of bacon. There were a lot of bites with no meat at all, and that's our favorite part! 🙂

I will definitely be making this again – Thanks for posting this recipe!

Posted January 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM | Permalink

Kristen- Thanks for coming back and letting me know you liked this. We like any kind of meat in this. My SIL has even added keilbasa.

9. Sheila
    Posted September 8, 2011 at 10:09 AM | Permalink

How should you add sliced tomatoes, on the bottom or on top?

10. Lynn
    Posted September 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM | Permalink

I’m making this tomorrow morning to bring in to the office, but I’m doing bacon, sundried tomato and chives.

• Robin Sue
      Posted September 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM | Permalink

Sounds delicious! It is so good to add things, I like your combination!

11. Lark
    Posted December 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM | Permalink

Just made it for my B&B guests this morning and they loved it! Definitely a keeper!

12. Posted September 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM | Permalink

Greate article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

My homepage: basketball