Penzeys

On the suggestion of fellow food blogger, Kate from Warm Olives I visited Penzeys. She had blogged about their spices and I had never heard of them. So I did a search and low and behold there is a little shop right near me in Falls Church. So today me and my littlest went to Penzeys. I know most women get excited about candle shops, or home good shops, but I have to say for me, Penzeys was the best little escape I have had in a while. Once I entered the shop, I was not only greeted by a friendly sales lady, I was hit in the nose with the best scents my nose ever smelled and I didn’t sneeze like I do in a candle shop. It was hard to tell which I smelled the most, cinnamon? Pepper? Onion? Curry? I don’t know but it was heavenly. The sales lady showed me around while my Little colored in the kiddie area (they have a kiddie area!) The spice lady let me smell some of her favorite spices, I asked questions, she answered and offered suggestions, and gave me a big catalog. Then she left me alone for my own smell adventure. I smelled sweet paprika, smoked salts, the famous and pricey Herbes de Provence with its lavender undertones, and their new BBQ 3000. You can see by the picture what I purchased. Click on it for a closer look. Who could resist something with the name Sunny Paris?

In honor of Kate I did purchase the Sandwich Sprinkle and the first thing I made with it was an incredible tasting Garlic Bread. Thanks Kate, I love Penzeys too now!

1. Lisa
    Posted June 25, 2008 at 11:02 AM | Permalink

I have a catalog and I am dying to go there too.

2. EAT!
    Posted June 25, 2008 at 11:26 AM | Permalink

I love Penzey’s. Some of my favs are Chicago Steak Seasoning, Barbecue of the America’s, Chipolte, Double strength vanilla, Cocoa powder. A favorite field trip of mine.

3. That Girl
    Posted June 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM | Permalink

I am totally jealous

Posted June 25, 2008 at 8:18 PM | Permalink

lisa- there is one near Philly!

eat!- I used the Chicago Seasoning on my burgers the other night, nice!

that girl- I ‘m so sorry!

5. Kate
    Posted July 7, 2008 at 10:13 PM | Permalink

Oh I’m so happy you loved the experience, and that Sandwich Sprinkle! Yahoo! (You can see I’ve been offline awhile and I’m catching up on your posts). I wish I could get to a store — I have to rely on the catalog, but, I will definately visit a store if ever I’m near one.

6. Anonymous
    Posted September 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM | Permalink

Wish we had one in Mississippi!!!Alabama has one. Want to go there! Love the products.

7. Barbara Trent
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM | Permalink

Have used Penzy’s for years I think since their inception. Used to make the trek to the Michigan store twice a year and $pend ,$pend, but now can go to Sarasota and keep them in business!!! Love all their spices and seasonings ,recipes, etc. If you want to cook the best, buy the best and Penzy’s will help you achieve it!!!!

8. Posted November 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM | Permalink

Gosh I LOVE your blog!!!
    I’ve been on it all morning…..thru 3 cups of coffee.
    What FUN!!