Brie and Fig Appetizer

Brie and Fig Appetizer
1 pound brie
1 jar Fig Spread (World Market)
1 box crackers

While brie is still cold remove top rind. Place top back on, re-wrap brie and leave out until cheese is room temperature. When ready to serve remove top and place on decorative platter with fig spread and crackers. So smooth and creamy, watch it disappear!

BTW- Just updated Blogs of the Month for August. Pop over and and see who I picked!

Turn up your sound, put your dancing shoes on, and enjoy this Cooking Salon!

1. Rindy R
    Posted July 30, 2008 at 10:03 PM | Permalink

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Watch out Martha Stewart – here comes Big Red Kitchen’s Cooking Salon! Now excuse me while I go buy my figs and Brie.

2. redforever
    Posted July 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM | Permalink

LOL, what a hoot!!!

Now just add a basil leaf and some lean prosciutto and you’re really cooking.

3. EAT!
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 8:03 AM | Permalink

You still have to clean the kitchen, right? Or is that just a fake backdrop like they use at the movie sets? Looks great!!

4. That Girl
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM | Permalink

OMG I’m DYING!!!! But I seriously feared for your thumbs as you were cutting that brie!

5. Nicole
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 2:13 PM | Permalink

You are killing me! So fun. I am cracking up. Funny you mention the “salon” as years ago I wanted to start a salon like Gertrude Stein had or something… talking art, philosophy, literature….

6. Sabrina
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 3:00 PM | Permalink

Absolutely love it! Do more…PLEASE!!!

Now I know what to do with the fig preserves my parents always make.

7. Grace
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 6:30 PM | Permalink

that is so fun! this is a great appetizer, and i love your nifty spoon! awesome montage, and put that saw away! 🙂

8. Kate
    Posted July 31, 2008 at 8:58 PM | Permalink

CUTE!!!! Plus I go to snoop in your kitchen. 🙂

9. Veronica
    Posted August 1, 2008 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

Love it!! I really like that spoon…where can I get one of those?? Thanks for featuring me as a blog of the month! BTW I’ve tagged you on my blog for a music meme-perhaps your salon song can be your first one!

10. Laura
    Posted August 1, 2008 at 7:50 PM | Permalink

What a hoot!

I’ve been reading your blog lately and just wanted to let you know I have given you an award:

11. Lisa
    Posted August 2, 2008 at 10:32 AM | Permalink

OMG! I am so impressed! That was really fun. You should enter one of your videos in a contest.

Posted August 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM | Permalink

Rindy- I still don’t think Martha has anything to worry about!! But I did have a great time doing this. Thanks!

redforever- mmmm basil !!

EAT!- no its all fake like Sesame Street!

That girl- the thumbs made it!

Nicole- thanks! I think salon is a fun word too!

Sabrina- Thank you I will probably do more. You know how crazy I am!

Grace- Glad you liked it. The spoon is honey spoon I got in Germany but they probably have them here some where.

Kate- Oh you can snoop in my kitchen again some time.

Veronica- Ths spoon is a honey spoon that you can probably find in a tea shop or kitchen store. Thanks for the meme- I will follow up on it after my big family vacation to Puget Sound!!

Laura- Hey thanks for the award! That is so great of you to think of me! I will wear it proudly!!

Lisa- Thanks for being so impressed. I have no idea what contest, maybe a crazy women contest!

13. Katie
    Posted August 4, 2008 at 2:30 AM | Permalink

Great video!

My Etsy shop is almost finished, I just have to put a few more pairs of earrings up. It’s http://www.IndigoRiverJewelry.etsy.com if you’re interested.

14. Adam
    Posted July 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM | Permalink

Hi there:

Great video! What is the song and who is singing it??!

Thanks!

Adam in NJ who is waiting for the Brie to reach room temp!

Posted July 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM | Permalink