Company Pork Tenderloin

My folks came over for dinner the other night. It is nice to have them over for dinner, they had me over for dinner many years. I wanted to make something special and I have been saving this recipe just for that purpose. Although we get together most Sunday nights with them and my brother’s family, this was more formal. I actually called Mom, set the date and time, and ended the phone call with, “OK, I’ll see you tomorrow night at 6:30.” Yes very proper of me.

We dined on this Pork Tenderloin recipe, Crash Hot Potatoes from The Pioneer Woman, bread, and something else. Everyone loved the dinner. Mom said that this Tenderloin was her new favorite tenderloin. Have you ever had Pork Tenderloin rubbed with cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon. No? I didn’t think so. How about that same rubbed tenderloin topped with spicy, garlicky brown sugar that forms a delectable crispy crust while roasting? I didn’t think so either. Well now you can. Try it this weekend and wow all your family and friends.

While eating, my Dad just sat there and “moo’d.” That’s what my Mom calls it when Dad is eating and saying, “Mmmm, mmmm, MMMM!” I call it “mmmm’ing” but she calls it “moo’ing.” The dinner was fantastic as well as the company, especially when the company does all the dishes. I’ll make this meal again and probably invite those people again too.

Now look a this picture below. What on earth is that thing at the bottom of the picture. A UFO? Unidentified Food Object. Hmmm. Any guesses? Stay tuned for the answer on Monday. Ma and Dad don’t let the answer slip. Or you either, Himself. It’s a cliff-hanger…hanger…hanger…

Oh look more aliens. Naw, these are what the kids ate for dessert while the adults ate…..another blog mystery. These Dreamsicles are filled with Orange Sherbet and Vanilla Ice Cream placed in pastry bags just like these Push Pops with a gum ball at the bottom because, by golly, that’s how I got them from the ice cream man when I was a little girl. There is no ice cream man in my parts so I make these for my little ones. Oh the memories.

This is what happened to Littleness’ gum ball. She is 5 and reads at the 2nd grade level and got in line twice when God was giving out curiosity. “I don’t know how it got there” was her first response but then I got this out of her, “I did it on pupose (she can’t say her “r’s”), I wanted to see what would happen.” A 15 minute spa session with blobs of peanut butter, enduring mom laughing while grabbing the camera, and a bath in the afternoon is what happened.

She’s a doll though.

1. carrie
    Posted July 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM | Permalink

I think I have same recipe for pork tenderloin from an old issue of Gourmet? Tabasco, Garlic, and Brown Sugar. MMMMMM.

Posted July 11, 2008 at 9:35 AM | Permalink

carrie- funny! So it may be from Gourmet? I got it from a friend who got it from one of her friends, so yeah I wonder if half the recipes we get have originated from some book somewhere! Some of my recipes that I think are from aunties or grandmothers may actually be Julia Child’s!! Thanks for stopping in.

3. Stephanie
    Posted July 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM | Permalink

Making your own push up pops, how great! I love it! And that dinner looks quiteeee delicious

4. schvin
    Posted July 11, 2008 at 1:41 PM | Permalink

that sounds good!

is the ufo frozen? looks like raspberries or cranberries maybe or something frozen in … apple sauce? curious…

Posted July 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM | Permalink

Stephanie- Thank you very much!

schvin- not frozen! Monday Monday! I’m going to make a TJ run this weekend to get that soda. No High Fructose either. Yay!!!

6. Nicole
    Posted July 11, 2008 at 7:57 PM | Permalink

Oh dear! We have had a gum incident already here too! About a month ago or less.

Food looks great.

I thought the mystery could have raspberries… or maybe some sort of sauce, soup or gravy with sundried tomatoes?

7. Hedonistin
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 1:02 AM | Permalink

Great idea to use pastry bags for the ice cream.
    (And little scientists are so cute. Always want to know what will happen. 🙂 )

8. Grace
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 3:49 AM | Permalink

i haven’t had any orange sherbet in years, but i used to love it! i believe i’ll just go ahead and put it on my grocery list right now… 🙂

Posted July 12, 2008 at 8:28 AM | Permalink

Nicole- Why do we give them gum at such a young age, I guess becasue it is so much fun!

Hedonistin- thanks! They sure are curious!

Grace- Orange sherbert is so refreshing in this heat. Something about it screams childhood!

10. Lucy
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 9:16 AM | Permalink

This dinner look absolutely delicious! I am sure the crashed hot potatoes are irresistible & yummy!!

And… I too remember the push pops just the same, and making them orange/vanilla a double yummy!!

11. Veronica
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 9:47 AM | Permalink

Your pork looks so juicy! And what a great idea to use pastry bags for the ice cream…I always liked the ones from the ice cream man with the gumball too! I love the photos on your blog.

12. j*amy
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM | Permalink

mmm that looks awesome. i told my “company” to do the dishes last night…yeah, didn’t work…:) the potatoes did turn out pretty good – but i THOUGHT they were soft enough, but after taking them out…i realized otherwise. don’t know why i didnt just stick them back in the pot…

13. Kevin
    Posted July 12, 2008 at 9:29 PM | Permalink

The pork and potatoes looks really good.

Posted July 13, 2008 at 9:49 AM | Permalink

Lucy- Yay I am so glad someone else remembers these pops!

Veronica- thanks for stopping my. Your blog is great the posts on limes, Sunday brunch, and Plu Whats are great. I will have to try those Baby Cakes, awesome!

J*amy- Ha that company should have done the dishes! Time to get new company. TeeHEE!!

Kevin- Thanks, I am glad you are breaking down that wonderful plate of fish and chips and sharing all those great recipes.

15. noble pig
    Posted July 13, 2008 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

Okay ou’ve got me starving now! Just beautiful…I can always come over too!

16. Michelle
    Posted July 13, 2008 at 12:12 PM | Permalink

The Push Pops are fabulous! You should enter them in the Art You Can Eat Event. The current theme is “Special Effects” meaning things served in a unique shape or pattern. They’re just too cool not a share.

17. We Are Never Full
    Posted July 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM | Permalink

OMG! I love Push Pops! I actually just wrote about Ice Cream Truck treats recently. Push pops bring me back to childhood. great blog, btw! i’ve gotta take some time to check out the big red kitchen!

18. That Girl
    Posted July 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM | Permalink

I use a very similar rub on my baby back ribs!

Posted July 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM | Permalink

noble pig- Come on by any time!

Michelle- Thanks, wow an special FX contest would be a hoot.

We are never full- Thanks loving your blog about Italian Wooder Ice!

That Girl- It is a great rub!

20. redforever
    Posted July 22, 2008 at 11:37 PM | Permalink

I just made this pork tenderloin tonight. It is every bit as good as you advertised, a definite keeper. So tasty, so moist. I made your sauce to accompany it and it was great too.

Thx

Posted July 23, 2008 at 7:00 AM | Permalink

redforever- Thanks for letting me know this. I often wonder if anyone makes my recipes. Happy it turned out well. We really like this pork dish. Thanks for visiting.

22. Christine
    Posted November 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM | Permalink

..just made this last night. i can't tell you how good this was! i was so impressed; it being the first recipe i've tried off your site…i'm definitely a devout BRK follower now. my boyfriend couldn't stop telling me how great the pork was. between the two of us, we finished off the entire 1 1/2 lb. tenderloin haha. great recipe that will be used MANY times 🙂 thank you so much!

Posted November 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM | Permalink

Christine- Glad you all liked it so much. I need to make it again soon, it is a favorite of ours!

24. Courtney
    Posted April 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM | Permalink

Robin Sue,
    My husband and I LOVE this recipe, and he requested it for his grad school graduation dinner we are having at our home. Only problem is, the party is right after the graduation, and I will be in attendance of the graduation. Do you have any tips for getting it ready ahead of time, so that I can serve it quickly after the ceremony?
    Thanks!