Crash Hot Potatoes and Rotisserie Beef

Iwas in the mood for a nice dinner the other night. I didn’t want kid food anymore as I have that regularly for lunch now that the kids are home from school. I was ready for a meat and potato dinner with a nice salad and rolls. I had purchased a four pound eye roast and cut it in half, placing the other half in the freezer for future use. I decided to rotisserie the roast but only after I rubbed it with something, but what? Then it hit me, I remembered my new Chicago Steak Seasoning from Penzeys. I was very generous with that smokey smelling spice rub. While it was cooking, the smokey scent was causing me some serious hunger pains as it reminded me of the smoked meat I used to enjoy in North Carolina. The two pound roast only took 45 minutes for medium doneness or 160 degrees. While that cooked I made The Pioneer Women’s Crash Hot Potatoes. I did not use fresh herbs, even though I have them in abundance, I used Penzeys’ Sunny Paris instead. It was a grand slam home run. What amazing potatoes. Creamy on the inside and crispy on the out. The Sunny Paris was absolutely perfect, what a great blend for potatoes. I served this meal with a garden salad, rolls, and fresh fruit.

I want to show you a picture of my Rotisserie in action. Can you smell it? This George Foreman toaster oven has to be one of my favorite appliances. We use it daily for toast, muffins, snacks, pie baking, small cakes, broiling, and rotisserie. I have had it for two years without any trouble. Genuflect. Spit. Spit. Salt over the left shoulder, or is it the right? Darn. I don’t want to go jinxing myself, so I’ll whisper. This is a great little machine. If you have been looking for an extra oven then give this one a try. Yes it is big but it does a great job. No, I don’t own stock or get anything for this plug, if only.

Have a safe and happy Liberty Day! If you don’t have any special plans, at least make those potatoes, really.

Thanks Pioneer Woman for the great Crash Hot Potato recipe, I give you a Standing Ovation!

1. recipes2share
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 8:08 AM | Permalink

This is great – I have had this facility in all my ovens, over the years …. but never used it!!

2. Sandy
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM | Permalink

Thanks for visiting me! This looks like a scrumptious meal – my mouth is watering! 🙂

3. Michelle
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM | Permalink

Oh boy do those potatoes looks good!! I just might try them for your July 4th dinner. Thanks!

4. That Girl
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 12:24 PM | Permalink

Man those potatoes are everywhere!

5. j*amy
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 1:46 PM | Permalink

um, that looks awesome. i just made red potatoes last night [and my hands STILL smell like garlic]…these look better

any good holiday/july 4 dessert ideas??? [ahem, cupcakes?]

Posted July 3, 2008 at 1:53 PM | Permalink

recipes2share-start using those rotisseries

Sandy- Thanks, your blog is great!

Michelle- give them a go!

thatgirl- like white on rice, they are everywhere, who invented them I wonder?

j*amy- hmm cupcake ideas? Have you seen noble pig’s cupcakes with pop rocks, very cool. And fun too!

7. Grace
    Posted July 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM | Permalink

i love those taters and basically anything that comes out of a rotisserie oven.

happy 4th to you, too! 🙂

Posted July 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM | Permalink

Grace- Thanks, I did a chicken in it and the legs came untied so everytime it turned the legs kept flopping over. Looked like a dancing chicken, poor thing.