Grilled Saturn Peaches In Praline Sauce À La Mode

When I had my parents over last week, I wanted to serve a dessert that screamed Summer. It also had to be simple and delicious. Ice cream is always a simple and welcomed dessert especially when it is accompanied by a gooey sauce and some seasonal fruit. The Saturn Peaches are out in abundance and incredibly flavorful and juicy so they were the perfect choice. This Praline Sauce is my secret weapon. Is it pronounced Praw-lin. Or Pray-leen? Anyway, it will have you licking the bowl and anything else it touches. Spoon, finger, countertop…

To grill the peaches simply wash, core, slice in half, brush with oil, sprinkle with brown sugar, and grill skin side down first then flip. It only takes a minute per side. Be sure your grill is greased and your exhaust fan is on if you are doing this inside. Caramelized sugar equals smoke. Outside no worries. Here they are. Beauties ain’t they. I know ain’t ain’t a word. It’s Texas talk. Learned it from my Dad.

Praline Sauce
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Light corn syrup
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Coarsely chopped pecans

Combine the sugars, buttermilk, butter, syrup, and baking soda in a heavy saucepan. Bring to the boiling point, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and nuts. Cool completely before serving. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

PS- This Thursday, July 17th is National Peach Ice Cream Day. So grab your canvas bags and hit the markets for all the makings of this recipe to celebrate in flavor.

1. Karen Downing
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM | Permalink

Yum! Shall I bring a fork or spoon. Great photos.

2. Lisa
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 11:49 AM | Permalink

Ain’t that amazing?! It looks enormously delicious. It touches on so many of my favorites. I absoutely love peaches and pray-leens together. I don’t care for fruit in my ice cream but when the fruit is a warm dessert and the ice cream is on top, it’s heavenly. And grilled fruit is so perfectly summer. I will be eating this, soon!

3. j*amy
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM | Permalink

YUM!!!!!

4. Helene
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 3:46 PM | Permalink

This looks really good. I’m glad I discovered your blog

Posted July 15, 2008 at 7:16 PM | Permalink

Karen- spoon to get every drop, then lick the plate clean!

Lisa- thank you for the compliment! You have very lovely blogs.

j*amy- ditto!!!

Helene- thanks! Come by any time!

6. Grandma Rosie
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM | Permalink

Wow, that hits all my right buttons. I have posted a link to this on my blog. My mouth is watering as I type this!!

7. melly~
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 7:45 PM | Permalink

where have you been all my life?
    seriously. i lost a few hours to your blog today. good stuff. seriously.
    bravo.

8. Lucy
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM | Permalink

Simply delicious and ooooh so sinful!!

9. That Girl
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 9:17 PM | Permalink

Growing up in Florida we always said “Pray-leen”

10. Veronica
    Posted July 15, 2008 at 10:17 PM | Permalink

I looove grilled peaches! The sauce looks absolutely decadent…I’m going to be really bad and add a big fat (warm) blondie to it!

11. Grace
    Posted July 16, 2008 at 5:55 AM | Permalink

your grilled peaches look and would taste awesomely decadent by themselves, but topping them with praline (it’s gotta be pronounced pray-leen or you’ll be getting a skeptical look from me…prah-lin sounds so hoity-toity) sauce is a stroke of genius. my tastebuds thank you. 🙂

Posted July 16, 2008 at 7:36 AM | Permalink

Grandma Rosie-It hits all my wrong places-belly, hips, bottom, thighs…

melly- thanks for finding me. Come back any time.

Lucy- Forgive me Father for I have sinned, it has been one dessert since my last confession…

That girl & Grace- OK PRAYLEENS is the right way to say it. Good. I PRAY I stay LEEN eating this sauce. I think I heard it said Prahlins by a deep south person on TV one time so I got confused, which isnt’ too hard.

Veronica- Oh this sauce makes everything good…!

13. OhioMom
    Posted July 19, 2008 at 1:14 PM | Permalink

Oh what a wonderful summer treat, just found your blog .. I will be back.

I am definitely going to make this dessert 🙂

Posted July 21, 2008 at 7:11 AM | Permalink

OhioMom- thanks come back any time!

15. Posted September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM | Permalink

In New Ow’leens it is praw leens…………but no matter how you pronounce it, this is one WONDERFUL recipe!!!