RPM’s: Rolo’s, Pretzels, M&M’s

These little treats are sure to send anyone’s RPM’s in the red. Zuzu likes helping me out in the kitchen, especially when it comes to making treats. RPM’s are a simple and yummy little morsels that have that pretzel crunch with that caramel creaminess, the perfect texture combination.

But this time we discovered this nifty bag of Hershey goodness. A trio of every one’s favorites. Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and Rolo’s. Everyone is even happier. My personal favorites are the pretzels topped with Rolo’s then a pecan half, like a little Turtle! But this time we stuck with the M&M’s, Zuzu can’t have or touch tree nuts.

Zuzu helped me unwrap each candy, count out as many pretzels as we had candy, bake and top each with a color coordinated M&M. Then we had to wait for them to set and cool off a bit. Waiting, waiting, waiting is tough for Deven-From-Heaven-Who’s-Seven-Plus-One-is-Eight-and-Great-Soon-to-be-Nine-and-Fine. Yes he does have a long name but miracle babies are allowed to! You should hear me call him in for dinner, he gets home before I’m done with his name.

RPM’s
little square pretzels- as many as you have candy pieces
One bag Rolo’s or a mixed bag of Hershey treats
M&M’s or Pecan halves

Preheat oven to 250°. Lay out pretzels on baking sheet. Top each with a piece of candy. Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and top, pushing down slightly with and M&M or pecan half. Let cool to set. Store in airtight container.

Note- If you use Kisses they take longer to bake, so do them separately or you will over heat the chocolate of the other candies and they will bloom (get filmy and white once cooled.)

Zuzu chose to color coordinate each type of candy. Orange M&M’s for Reese’s, red for Kisses (he is going to be a romantic,) and yellow for the Rolo’s. The colors reminded me of Fall and how Halloween is quickly approaching, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas…

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! Make these treats, you must!

1. Rindy R
    Posted October 3, 2008 at 7:05 AM | Permalink

Deven-from-Heaven is Sweet-as-a-treat! Looks like you have another great “Cooker” in the family!

2. Lisa
    Posted October 3, 2008 at 8:50 AM | Permalink

Love these little treats!

3. Alexa
    Posted October 3, 2008 at 11:31 AM | Permalink

You’re such a “fun” mom to make these cute treats with your kids. Have a great weekend Robin Sue. 🙂

4. Anonymous
    Posted October 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM | Permalink

I am all over this one Sister. I am off to the store. Squeeze those precious cheeks of my little nephew. Hug those other rascals too.Ellen

5. That Girl
    Posted October 4, 2008 at 12:57 AM | Permalink

These totally look like something my brother and I would have made. We would probably serve it with bubble gum pizza.

Posted October 5, 2008 at 8:21 AM | Permalink

Rindy- Thanks, he is a sweetie!

Lisa- These treats are easy and delicious.

Alexa- Thanks, I think you are a pretty fun mom too with “Pizza Game” nights that you have!

Anon- Hope you like them! Sis!

That Girl- Now I must know about bubble gum pizza!

7. Grace
    Posted October 7, 2008 at 8:33 AM | Permalink

what a great treat! i personally think rolos may be the best candy ever made. 🙂

8. Toni
    Posted July 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM | Permalink

Anything other than Pretzels for the base…for variation, of course.

9. BeccoT
    Posted November 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM | Permalink

I got addicted to these when a friend gave me some last Christmas. Making them myself this year and didn't know how :-S Thanks for posting it.

Only change in her version is using the round holiday pretzel rings so that the Rolos kind of swallow the pretzel instead of sitting on top

10. : )
    Posted January 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM | Permalink

Yum! Making these for a craft fair, thanks for posting!