Super Easy Garlic Chicken

This is a favorite dinner in our house: Garlic Chicken. It is a dish that I can prepare in the morning and cook it up quickly in the evening while I cut up some fruit and toss a salad. Last night we had it with baked sweet potatoes and baked russets (for the kids) and some sliced apples, very quick and easy. This meal can also be made in two separate zip top bags and frozen in the raw state. A quick defrost, cook, and eat. Handy!

Garlic Chicken has three basic steps; marinate, toss, and oven fry. If you like Chicken Parmesan, this chicken can be topped with mozzarella in the last five minutes of baking then topped with a marinara sauce just before serving. The best! I like to use this frozen garlic that I find in Trader Joe’s. It has been perfect every time and oh so convenient. Have you ever tried it?

Garlic Chicken
In a Zip-top bag or bowl, mix:
3 egg yolks
3 garlic cloves, minced or 3 TJ garlic cubes
3 chicken breast halves, butterflied to make 6 thin pieces, pound thin

In another Zip-top Bag, mix:
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. Kosher salt
1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
1 T. parsley flakes

Place both bags in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Marinate at least one hour. Preheat oven to 425°. When the oven has reached it’s proper temperature, place 3 T. butter and 3 T. olive oil in a 2 quart casserole baking dish and place in oven and heat until butter is melted and browned, the mixture should be bubbling, do not burn! Meanwhile, place the chicken pieces into the bread crumb bag and shake until each piece is coated well. Remove hot dish of oil/butter mixture and place chicken in a single layer into the dish, it will be tight. Bake for 18 minutes. This will come out juicy, crispy and tender! Serves 4-6.

Decision 2008

Just the other day I was told that I look like Sarah Palin. Wow! I’ll take that as a compliment as I think she is a very attractive lady. So if you see Sarah, let her know that she looks like Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. Well at least the glasses and hairdo.

But IF I were running for office, here is how I would cope with the important issues:

Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Dulce de Leche Pie
Peanut Butter Bars

Read My Lipstick! Tomorrow in BRK- Economy Buster! An easy homemade food gift for Fall festivities, friends, family, co-workers, and good ole fashioned fun. Stop in tomorrow!

Decision 2008, subscribe to Big Red Kitchen now!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to Pageflakes

1. Rindy R
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 6:55 AM | Permalink

The chicken looks great – but not as good as you do! I see a spot on SNL in your future! BRK on SNL – I’m sure would be LOL!

2. Andrea
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 7:25 AM | Permalink

The similarities are striking! The chicken looks good, too. Easy is my kitchen mantra these days.

3. Alexa
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM | Permalink

This chicken looks really tasty. I’ll have to make a new batch of bread crumbs to give it a try. I am always looking for quick and reliable weekday recipes that taste great.

4. Shanna
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM | Permalink

I really love garlic, and this chicken looks fantastic! (Adding it to a list of things to make)

BTW: You do look like her! 🙂

5. biz319
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM | Permalink

Oh, that looks so good! My daughter has to have her chicken VERY thin and crispy when I make this. If I forget the pounding step, she’ll only eat the “flat” side of the chicken breast!

I’ll have to check out the frozen garlic!

6. noble pig
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 3:09 PM | Permalink

I have several peeps tell me I look like her too…funny. Love the chicken too but I’m a garlic freak.

7. bigredkitchen
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 4:27 PM | Permalink

Rindy- I just wish I had Tina Feys SNL salary!

Andrea- Easy is my favorite type of dinner.

Alexa- If you like garlic then you will like this!

Shanna- Do make it and it makes your house smell great while it bakes!

biz319- My kids like it crispy too and very moist, if it is dry it goes in the trash.

noble pig- so that means you and I look alike!

8. nicisme
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 6:42 PM | Permalink

Oh my gosh, you DO look like her!! She makes me laugh, and that’s a good thing right?
    I bet she doesn’t make chicken as good as this though!!

9. Sweet P
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM | Permalink

I made this chicken for dinner tonight. It made my “make again” list. DH loved it!

10. Joie de vivre
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM | Permalink

That looks amazing…and you do look like Sarah Palin.

11. Amber
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM | Permalink

That looks sooo good and garlic runs in my blood. It is true, my maternal family is from the middle east and there was not a day growing up when we did not have garlic soaking in a cup for easy peeling. Yes you do look like her, but I would probably like you.

12. schvin
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM | Permalink

that sounds really good! we really like garlic.

i have a big habit of using fresh garlic though, i can’t get enough.

13. Nicole
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM | Permalink

That is TOOOOOOO funny! You do look like her. And you have the square jaw that Fey is missing.

The chicken looks great. I haven’t tried TJ’s frozen garlic. I use the basil from time to time though.

14. Lisa
    Posted October 31, 2008 at 12:39 AM | Permalink

Great campaign poster, a grasp of the issues and a fabulous chicken recipe! You’re a winner in my book…

15. Grace
    Posted October 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM | Permalink

you’ve got my vote. 🙂
    happy halloween, robin sue!

Posted November 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM | Permalink

Nic-She might make a good chicken but we’ll pass this recipe to her just in case!

Sweet P- Thanks for stopping by. I am happy this turned out well for you!

Joie- Hey thanks, I think she is very pretty!

Amber- This has a very nice garlic taste so I think with you being a garlic lover you would love this!!

schvin- Fresh works perfectly too. The TJ stuff is great and makes my life a little easier on some nights. Isn’t rfresh roasted garlic the best!!

Nicole- Yup the basil cubes are great too and since my basil did not do so well this year I will be using those through the winter.

Lisa- Thanks for voting for me. Now eat some cake!!

Grace- Thanks Grace! Have a great weekend!

17. Amber
    Posted November 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM | Permalink

I am making this with game hens and a couple teeny tiny changes, posting at midnight, linking to you. Okay?

18. Amber
    Posted November 2, 2008 at 10:54 PM | Permalink

Hi Robin Sue, I made this tonight using quartered game hens. As a half Assyrian, my Grandmother would turn over in her grave if I had garlic powder in my house so I just used more fresh garlic. And I didn’t have parsley so I used fresh thyme. I know, now it is not the same recipe. Guess what? It was still wonderful and very easy. Thanks

Posted November 3, 2008 at 8:30 AM | Permalink

Amber- I bet it was so good with the game hens. This recipe is perfect for tweeking and you may link to me. Thanks so much for the comments! And as an Italian I bet my grandmother rolled over for my using garlic powder too!

20. Clumbsy Cookie
    Posted November 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM | Permalink

That is a delicious looking chicken, but your Robin Sue – Pallin look-a-like picture is so funny! She’s obviosly copying you! Ahahahah!

21. Denise in PA
    Posted November 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM | Permalink

Ahh, we just finished dinner and i made the garlic chicken – it’s a keeper! DH and I loved it! Luckily I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago through someone else’s and they recommended the garlic chicken. Tomorrow, I making the pumpkin cake with apple cider glaze – Yum!

Posted November 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM | Permalink

denise in PA- I am so glad you liked the chicken. We like it as parmesan too. I think you may like the pumpkin cake as well. Let me know. Thanks for leaving a comment!

23. Marietta
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM | Permalink

Made this tonight and we loved it!
    One question ~ do you flip the chicken half way through baking time?

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM | Permalink

No, I have never flipped it. Glad you liked it. We also like to, at the end of baking, top it with cheese, bake it a tiny bit longer until the cheese is melted, and top with sauce for a really nice chicken parmigiana. so yummy1

24. Marietta
    Posted October 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM | Permalink

Do you flip the chicken half way through cooking time?