Tiny Brie Bites

Along with fellow blogger Veronica of Supermarket Serenade, I too am a fan of the new Brie Log. I saw her post on Friday and had to laugh out loud that the phrase “Great Minds Think Alike” is true. I had the photos of my Tiny Brie Bites in my Blogger Draft when I read her post about her version of using the Brie Log; ours are so close except for the toppings! This made me excited because now there are two ways to make these little snacks, her way and now mine. And I am so very sure you all will come up with your own, and if you do let the foodie world know too!

I like Fig Jam and Brie together and love Marcona Nuts that can be found at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. So why not put them all together? The nuts add a nice flavor and additional crunch to this snack. I have to agree with Veronica that these little crackers are great. So either try our versions or come up with your own but I think you will agree that the Brie Log is a big bonus to easy entertaining.

Tiny Brie Bites
One Brie Log
Fig Jam
Marcona Nuts
Pita Crackers or any round little crackers
Fresh Rosemary for garnish

Bring Brie Log to room temperature and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place a slice on top of each cracker and top with a bit of jam. Place a Marcona nut on top of the jam and decorate with a tiny spring of rosemary.

Tomorrow in BRK- A way to use up leftover Cranberry Sauce just in time for the biggest football weekend of the year!

1. Clumbsy Cookie
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 7:14 AM | Permalink

What a nice snack! They look lovely, and I’m sure I could eat a whole bunch. Very nice idea.

2. EAT!
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 8:19 AM | Permalink

Don’t you just love TJ’s?! I love all the packaging, displays, friendly employees in their hawaiian shirts, the fact that they have always used papper bags.

My Middle One would eat up a whole mess of those cute little brie snacks.

3. FOODalogue: Meandering Meals and Travels
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 9:38 AM | Permalink

I love these, more for the combination of flavors than the cuteness, but that works too. This may just be the last item for my Thanksgiving appetizer tray. Happy Holiday!

4. Rindy R
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM | Permalink

Love the little log-o-Brie! This one is definitely going to make an appearance at the cookie exchange!

5. RecipeGirl
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM | Permalink

What a perfect little appetizer! I will be hunting for those items at Trader Joe’s!!

6. Maris
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 1:19 PM | Permalink

These sound so good! I love Brie and will definitely be making this next time I have occasion for an appetizer.

7. Kate
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 1:40 PM | Permalink

First…there’s a brie roll? I MUST find this. These look great.

Second…at fist glance I thought your photo was a very elaborate brie cupcake. That would be novel?

8. Karen
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 1:59 PM | Permalink

Mmm, all I’d need with these is a nice glass of wine. I’m going to look for the brie logs in the grocery store.

9. Lisa
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 2:17 PM | Permalink

I can always use a new appetizer. Your comment on my bread cracked me up:)

10. Dawn
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 4:34 PM | Permalink

I love eating this, never thought to put a marcona on there. Is that the same as a spanish almond? I love those little salty, greasy things; always get a bag full at whole foods and eat them right up.

11. biz319
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM | Permalink

What?? Brie in a log? I almost bought a wheel of brie over the weekend, but since only 2 people in my family like it, I didn’t buy it.

I’ll have to look for the log!

Posted November 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM | Permalink

Clumbsy Cookie- They do go down nicely. enjoy!

EAt! – I do love TJ’s. They have it all!

Foodalogue- These are very fast and easy to throw together ! Enjoy!

Rindy- Can’t wait for that cookie exchange!

Recipe Girl- Great hope you like these!

Maris- Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy thses little bites!

Kate- The brie log is a great addition to my brie addiction!

Karen- Now that I have seen it once I am seeing it in most grocery stores. Enjoy!

Lisa- These are simple and yummy! I liked Veronica’s too, will have to try hers!

Dawn- I don’t know if they are Spanish, maybe? They have sea salt and rosemary on them so I love them just for that!!

biz319- The logs are more convenient for smaller crowds anyway!

13. Ursula
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM | Permalink

my brie log comes in today. Need to come up with a tasty recipe too!

14. Lisa
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM | Permalink

What gorgeous little bites! I haven’t seen the brie log but I love your use of fig jam and those marcona almonds are lovely. Your flavor combination has my mouth watering.

15. Sheila
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM | Permalink

Those look tasty, and I am not even a big fan of figs. It’s always great to get another idea for an appetizer that is different than the same old same old.

16. Proud Italian Cook
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:35 PM | Permalink

How did I miss that brie log?? Is that from TJ’s? I have the fig jam from whole foods,and I just bought those crackers from TJ’s, tomarrow I was going to buy a wedge of brie. I just love your presentation here Robin, perfect for a holiday appetizer. Thanks!!

17. FAMILY FIRST
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 2:29 AM | Permalink

I think i will do this. Then I officially can say I can cook 🙂

18. noble pig
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 3:38 AM | Permalink

So adorable and simple, I love it, especially the marcona’s.

Posted November 25, 2008 at 7:18 AM | Permalink

Ursula- Can’t wait to see your rendition of these!

Lisa- I have seen the log everywhere now!

Sheila- apricot jam would be good too. Or any jam for that matter!

Proud Italian Cook- Yes it is from Trader Joe’s! But I am seeing it everywhere now! Thanks for stopping by!

Family First- Now you can cook! Thanks for stopping in! Come again.

noble pig- marconas are great aren’t they?!

20. Grace
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 9:18 AM | Permalink

looks like the perfect bite to me. that jam looks especially tasty–very nice. 🙂

21. Laura
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 11:40 PM | Permalink

I’m trying not to think about football 🙁 but boy these look good.

Bring on basketball season!

22. PaniniKathy
    Posted November 26, 2008 at 1:21 PM | Permalink

Those look so lovely! The flavor combination sounds terrific, especially with the marcona almonds.

23. Hedonistin
    Posted November 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM | Permalink

So easy to make – but looks incredible gorgeous!

24. demetrius