Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

You all look like you need a break. Am I right? It is the first week in December and we are all feeling the gravitational force of Christmas and the Holidays pulling us closer, while many of us aren’t even close to being ready. So here is an easy and delicious dinner for you. If you have leftover stuffing even better. One. Two. Three. This meal is done in a flash and the meat is tender and juicy. I got this recipe from my cousin Cheryl. Thanks! We loved it!

HOW TO MAKE PORK CHOPS AND APPLE SAUCE

Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with seasoned salt.

In a skillet over med-high heat sear both sides of the chops for about 3 minutes in about 2 T. olive oil.

In a 9 x 13 inch dish layer the apples. Prepare one stuffing mix according to package directions.

Top apples with seared pork chops.

Top with stuffing.

Bake in 400° oven for 30 minutes covered then 15 minutes uncovered.

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce
8 boneless pork chops *
one 21 ounce can apple pie filling
one 12.4 ounce package stuffing mix #
seasoned salt, I used Penzeys smoked seasoned salt

In a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish, spread apple pie filling. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops liberally with seasoned salt and sear both sides for about 3 minutes in hot skillet with about 2 T. olive oil. Place pork chops over apples. Prepare stuffing according to package directions and place over top of the chops. Cover and bake in 400° oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Serves 8.
* I used a 4 pound boneless pork loin roast, sliced in 1/2 inch thick chops.
# I used Trader Joe’s Corn Bread Stuffing Mix.

Thanksgiving Day Photo of the Year!

This is my favorite Thanksgiving Day picture. Not of the food but of three generations of men on the couch after the big meal!

For another great pork and apples dish– Go to Noble Pig’s Pork Medallions and Cider Sauce recipe. I made this and it was heavenly!
For more easy dinners- Go to “Dinners for a Year and Beyond” for her 12 Dinners of Christmas!
Need a new Christmas Cookie- Go to The Recipe Girl’s Christmas Cookie Recipes: 25 Favorites!
Need a good hostess gift- Go to Kitchen Klique’s Movie Suggestions!
For some chocolate dipped creations- Go to Vanilla Sugar’s Chocolate Dipped post for some great ideas. Love the Ritz idea!
For a quiet evening by the fire– Enjoy Honey B’s White Hot Spiced Chocolate and Candied Date Cookies!

Tomorrow in BRK: How I made 18 Pumpkin Cake Rolls!

1. bobi
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 8:32 AM | Permalink

Man, those pork chops look so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I went over to Recipe Girl and I think those Milk Chocolate Gingerbread cookies are coming to my kitchen – thanks.

2. Rindy R
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 8:42 AM | Permalink

Those pork chops look amazing! I think I will be making those for my mom and dad when they come for the holidays! Thanks for the link!

3. HoneyB
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM | Permalink

What a great looking recipe – and it is so funny to see all the men (although not uncommon eh?) lazing around on the couch. LOL. Where were the women – cleaning?

Thanks for the mention of my recipes! 🙂

4. EAT!
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM | Permalink

Those are some good loking chops!! I could even eat those with my morning coffee!!

Thanks for the link.

5. j*amy
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:26 AM | Permalink

ugh, that looks SO good. and i’m SO HUNGRY right now!!

too bad my roomie and BF don’t like pork chops. stupid. 🙂

6. Shelly
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 1:24 PM | Permalink

Wow…I think my hubby would love that. Thanks for a great bunch of links – looks like fun stuff!

7. Joie de vivre
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 2:15 PM | Permalink

You have a lot of men in your life! I think your pork chop recipe sounds wonderful. I made a peach and pork chop combo last month and that sweet/savory really worked. Adding the stuffing would make it gooood.

8. Karen
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM | Permalink

That’s a quick and easy recipe! Love the pic of the men on the couch. I suppose the women were doing dishes! 🙂

Posted December 3, 2008 at 3:03 PM | Permalink

To Honey B and Karen!- Ha we women were in the kitchen guarding the Italina pastries with our lives! We were also drinking coffee, cracking nuts, eating oranges, and laughing our faces off talking about stuff that ladies talk about when the men aren’t around, like my auntie’s sex life. HAAAA!

10. That Girl
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 3:57 PM | Permalink

Silly me – I always assumed applesauce was a side dish for the pork chops

11. FOODalogue: Meandering Meals and Travels
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 4:08 PM | Permalink

that’s a tasty looking casserole. P.S. Your family looks like my family! 🙂

12. Lori
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM | Permalink

Pork and apples are best friends arent they?

13. Sara
    Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM | Permalink

This looks delicious, I love penzey’s smoky salt blend.

14. noble pig
    Posted December 4, 2008 at 2:02 AM | Permalink

Okay woman, you’ve done it again, I must try it…I need quick meals around this time of year, it’s a CRAZEE!

15. Grace
    Posted December 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM | Permalink

that’s a lot like what our living room looked like after our meal…except i was in no shape to take pictures–i was sprawled out with all the men. 🙂

16. Linda
    Posted December 5, 2008 at 9:53 AM | Permalink

All of these recipes….bellissimo!