Knock You Naked Valentine Brownies

Pairs well with Gulden Draak
For the rest of the Pack:
BREUGELRoasted Chick Peas
AUGUSTIJNKorean Bulgogi Tacos or Chicken Satay
PIRAATPork Tenderloin and Apple Arugula Salad
BORNEM TRIPLECitrus Alaska Cod with Tahini Drizzle
BORNEM DOUBLEPasta Bolognese

That’s what these brownies will do to you- Knock You Naked. If you have seen the Italian Job- new version- you may remember at the end when the nerdy guy Lyle or the Napster created stereo speakers strong enough to blow a girl’s clothes off, well these brownies are like that. These rich, gooey, brownies are filled with chocolate chips and caramel. I made them for my children’s teachers for Valentine’s Day. Let’s hope they don’t try them in school though. I can see the headlines now. Christian School Teacher Eats Brownie During Recess and Clothes Fly Off. I’ll warn them to eat theirs at home and heaven forbid not at a stop light on the way.

I found these very sophisticated and romantic square plates which I thought would hold two of my giant brownies perfectly. Wouldn’t you like to eat a decadent brownie off a Paris scene plate? Me too.

The plated brownies were wrapped in cellophane and secured with some curling ribbon. Perfect for an intimate and romantic evening.

Knock You Nakeds
14 ounce bag Kraft Caramels
1/3 cup evaporated milk

1 Devil’s Food cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts, optional

Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan very, very well. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl mix 1/3 cup milk, butter, and cake mix. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of baking pan. Batter will be thick. Bake 7 minutes. While the batter is baking melt caramels and 1/3 cup milk together over medium heat on your cook top. Stir constantly. Pour over baked bottom layer of brownie. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with the rest of the batter. Bake 15-17 more minutes. Brownies will look set on top but still a little soft. Do not over cook, they are to be gooey! Cool completely before cutting. Makes 12 large brownies.

Related Posts:
Valentine’s Day Candy Leis
Peanut Butter Blossoms and the Worst Valentine’s Days Ever!
Chocolate Pots de Crème

HAPPY VALENTINES’S DAY FROM ME! For your gift I am going to publish an extra Valentine post today. Let’s say 3:00, just in time for tea? And you thought all Friday the 13ths are bad. So stay tuned for more Valentine’s Day goodies. This one is the most decadent of them all and I’ll wager that you have most of the ingredients on hand already.

1. Rachael
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM | Permalink

I am making these for Valentines Day! Going to Wegmans today to grocery shop and I can get all the ingredients…..they really look delicious!!!

Thanks so much for sharing these with me….and I will be anxious to see if they “knock me naked”…that wouldn’t necessarily be a pretty sight…hahahahahaha!!!

2. pigpigscorner
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM | Permalink

ahhhh perfect! They look so moist and fudgy! My kind of brownies.

3. bakingblonde
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM | Permalink

MMM, gotta love the chocolate in those bars. I haven’t decided what goody to make yet but these look great! I was thinking brownies but I am so hungry for a good cookie lately.

4. Mari at Once Upon a Plate
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM | Permalink

oooh! Robin Sue, Those look so good!

I just love the plate and the way you wrapped them up so beautifully.

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us a little later. 🙂

Happy St. Valentine’s Day to you and your sweetie! xo~m.

5. Lisa
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM | Permalink

The caramels in the brownies sound great. Love the plates.

6. Marysol
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM | Permalink

Oh, Robin, I’d love to try those for my next get family together, but the thought of getting arrested for indecent exposure, not to mention, blinding members of my family is something none of us are ready for.
    But, they look so good. Maybe, I’ll just bake them, and eat them in the privacy of my walk-in closet.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

7. Sabrina
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

Those do look delish. And I love the way you presented them. Happy Valentines Day!

8. Karen
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM | Permalink

Haha… cute post. I could inhale those brownies! What a nice gift for a teacher. The carrot cake roundup ends today 🙂

9. Joie de vivre
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 12:07 PM | Permalink

Oh Anna Sophia, you are so sophisticated. I LOVE the plates with the brownie squares wrapped in little papers and then tied up in cellophane with a bow. The teachers are going to love them!

10. Amanda
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM | Permalink

Awesome recipe! I’ll be featuring this recipe on Sunday Shout Outs on Jayhawk Girl’s Kitchen this weekend. Hope you have a great holiday!

~Amanda

11. Jen
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM | Permalink

Ahh, caramel and chocolate together–so perfect! Adorable presentation too 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day!

12. Debbie
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM | Permalink

oh good…now I don’t feel so HORRIBLE about saying my “adult” sons (who are nice productive men with families) say “nipple cookies” when talking about the Peanut Blossoms.
    The brownies look well….like they could knock my socks off.

13. creativecarryout
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM | Permalink

: )
    Very catchy name! Who would be crazy enough to resist them?
    Seriously yummy sounding recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
    Michelle

14. That Girl
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM | Permalink

So what you’re saying is these are “eat in the privacy of your own home” brownies…

15. Laura
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM | Permalink

Thatgirl–it is probably better that way since I am guessing it is hard not to eat the whole pan. 😉 Which one would not want to do in public.

16. noble pig
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 4:34 PM | Permalink

I love those plates! Knock you naked brownies…wow I’m in for sure.

Posted February 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM | Permalink

Rachael- Hey we’ll have to meet at Wegman’s sometime! Have a great day!

Marysol- Ha-what’s a little record for indecent exposure. It may be worth it if you really love chocolate.

Joie- Wait til you see my scarf!

Amanda- Thanks for all the shout outs!

Debbie- I cracked up at the name nipple cookies that is what they look like don’t they?! These will knock at least your socks off!

Michelle- Thanks for stopping in and for the comment. I’ll have to check you out!

ThatGirl- Tha’s what I’m sayin’.

Laura- Wow a whole pan, that sounds good right now!

18. Sara
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM | Permalink

What a great recipe name! Of course they look delicious, I love caramel.

19. HoneyB
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM | Permalink

Ok, you’ve gone and done it. Just when I thought I wouldn’t want another brownie for a while….you show me these! They look great!

20. Elyse
    Posted February 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM | Permalink

These look amazing (and obviously they must be, considering they have such amazing super powers). I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to try these (and get knocked naked)!

21. Grace
    Posted February 14, 2009 at 3:17 PM | Permalink

if i make these, i’ll be sure to consume them in the privacy of my own home…
    meanwhile, i loved the italian job. hello mark wahlberg. 🙂

22. Peter M
    Posted February 16, 2009 at 12:14 PM | Permalink

The inclusion of condensed milk is a good indication that these are scrumptious!

23. Anonymous
    Posted June 5, 2009 at 2:44 AM | Permalink

I love love love love your recipe!Can i share this in my blog?=)

Posted June 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM | Permalink

anon- What is your blog? Link? If you do put this on your blog please provide a link back to me and recipe credit in my name. Thanks.

25. Maurie Renee
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 10:53 PM | Permalink

I'm really going to have to make those!

Beautiful plates also <3