Favorite Slow Cooker Meals

We are in the full swing of little league season and I have hired a servant to help me get through this busy spring; someone dedicated, reliable, and does not talk back. My Slow Cooker. For this last installment of “Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go: The UNBELIEVABLE, I wanted to share some of my most unbelievably delicious and successful crock pot meals. I have brought these meals over and over to potlucks, served them to company and used them for when I was pooped and needed a handy meal. A toss of a healthy salad, some cut up fresh fruit, dinner is ready. Print your copy now.

Favorite Slow Cooker Meals Favorite Slow Cooker Meals RobinSue

Related Posts:
“Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go: The Plea
“Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go: The GOOD
“Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go: The BAD- The Chicken and The Egg
“Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go: The BAD- Noodles and Dough
“Car Picnics”- The UGLY: Ballpark Food- Nachos
“Car Picnics”- How To Eat On The Go- The Uh Oh’s: Pop Pop Pop Popcorn

1. Rindy R
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM | Permalink

Yeah – I love your recipe “graphs” – I’m printing it right now! I was just thinking of chicken and dumplings and now I know what recipe I will try!
    Thanks!

2. Cate
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 9:31 AM | Permalink

The French Dip recipe is making my mouth water, and it’s barely 9:30 am!

3. Pam
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 10:41 AM | Permalink

Thanks for these recipes! The one with pepperocinis reminds me of Portillos (a chain found in Chicago) spicy beef sandwiches. YUM!

4. unconfidential cook
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 12:48 PM | Permalink

I’ve just got to get a slow-cooker….These look just great, and I’m totally impressed with that CHART you created!

5. Jennifer
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM | Permalink

That’s so funny! I just posted a crock pot recipe today!

By far my easiest go to meal in a crock pot is my beef stew.

Take beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces, dust meat with flour, saute in a pan to brown on all sides. Add that to the crock pot, add diced carrots, peeled and diced potatoes, diced onion, few cloves of garlic, diced, and add (3) 12 ounce cans of V-8 juice. I’ll add some salt and pepper and oregano, but that’s it. It is so easy and tastes so good!

Thanks for sharing your recipes!

• Posted February 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM | Permalink

Hi seen ur recipe on ur beef stew..wondering how much of everything..???how long to cook??thank you…

• Robin Sue
      Posted February 16, 2014 at 2:41 PM | Permalink

I am not sure where you saw the recipe, but I have not posted a beef stew recipe lately.

6. Penny
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM | Permalink

That Hungarian Goulash sounds wonderful, as does the Chicken and dumplings. Will get out the slow cooker when we get back to NC!

7. jesse
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 5:02 PM | Permalink

Omg, you’re making me miss my slow cooker soooo much. I agree, the French dip is simply mouth-watering!

8. Dawn
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 5:05 PM | Permalink

the pepperoncini roast must taste amazing as I know the flavors those little things produce.

9. Sabrina
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 5:11 PM | Permalink

All of those look wonderful.. I need to go shopping.

10. Joie de vivre
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM | Permalink

I was insanely jealous for a moment when I read you had hired a servant. Oh, wouldn’t that be so nice? Crock pots are a close second though.

11. noble pig
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 7:43 PM | Permalink

You are seriously the most organized person I know. These sound fantastic! I need a servant and a new slow cooker.

12. Lori
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM | Permalink

a roast with pepperoncini. How I wish I could make this but I think I would be the only one eating this as everyone is so spicy sensitive. drats! Just bought a big jar too!

13. Sheila
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 8:19 PM | Permalink

Woah! I love all of your recipes and this is great to have crock pot meals. Especially now as it is warming up, I like to use our crockpot. Thanks again!

14. Linda
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 9:05 PM | Permalink

I’m with the crowd on this post…excellent graph and very handy. Good meals and soooo easy!

15. Elra
    Posted March 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM | Permalink

What a delicious sounding recipes Robin Sue, love the goulash.
    Cheers,
    elra

16. Selba
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM | Permalink

Ah… so interesting!

17. Grace
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 7:00 AM | Permalink

there’s nothing like coming home to an already-prepared batch of chicken and dumplins. great post, robin sue!

18. GFE--gluten free easily
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM | Permalink

Yum. Thanks so much for sharing these! I’m definitely trying the goulash … naturally gluten free for me! 🙂 I’m in a crockpot frame of mind, too, as you know. LOL

Thanks!
    Shirley

19. Lisa
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM | Permalink

Great post. I love using my crockpot.

20. That Girl
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM | Permalink

I go through crockpot phases where I use it everyday and then phases where it’s really not in the rotation. Right now we’re in “not in rotation” mode.

21. Elyse
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM | Permalink

What a great post! I just got a crockpot, so I’m definitely going to print out this page and make some of your recipes! How delicious.

22. Karen
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM | Permalink

Mmm, french dip! Great recipes… all of them 🙂

23. Mary at Deep South Dish
    Posted January 19, 2011 at 3:56 AM | Permalink

Nice collection – thanks for linking in with and participating in DSD Sunday Suppers!