Mini Baked Brie Cups

When it comes to summer entertaining, I find that it is a wise idea to keep a few pantry items well stocked for a quick throw together snack, dessert, or appetizer. Fillo cups have always come in handy in making that quick dish possible. They are usually found in the freezer section, in small boxes of fifteen, but lately I am seeing them in the bread or cookie sections of the store. One of the most delicious, richest appetizer is Baked Brie, always a welcomed appetizer at any affair.

The simplicity in making Mini Baked Brie Cups is appreciated as these little gems come together quickly without much fuss. A tiny cube of brie is placed in each cup while a mixture of brown sugar, sliced almonds, and orange rind adorn each cup which is then baked to a crispy, creamy golden brown while the essence of orange surprises one’s taste buds.

Mini Baked Brie Cups
one box, 15 count Fillo Cups
one small wedge of brie
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
grated rind from one orange

Place fillo cups on a baking tray. Cut brie into 15 small cubes that fit down into each fillo cup. Place one cube in each cup. Mix sugar, nuts, and rind in a small bowl and sprinkle over each cube of brie. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until brie is melted, almonds are toasted, and sugar is caramelized. Watch closely as these can burn quickly. Makes 15 pieces and serves 6-7.

I want to thank all my readers for the kind comments continually left on my blog especially on the Little Peach Cakes post that has received over 70,000 hits so far! Wow- that is huge for my wee, little blog and I appreciate being able to create this site because of you– my readers– my friends– who encourage me to keep going. Thank you.

1. EAT!
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM | Permalink

Love having all these ingredients on hand for quick happy hour snacks.

70,000 hits – you are my idol!!

2. Melissa
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 8:56 AM | Permalink

I love baked brie! And wow…70,000 hits! That's exciting. 🙂

3. Sheila
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 9:04 AM | Permalink

Last night I was looking through lunch ideas and came across something similar. This will be added to my fancy lunch treats (for the adults and older ones) for the school year!

4. Lucy
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 9:24 AM | Permalink

Great post, I love those fillo cups and keep them on hand as well, ya just never know when someone will come a knocking 😉

I love what you've done w/these, a marriage for the taste buds!! 😉

5. Joan Nova
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM | Permalink

Like the idea of the orange zest to give a little freshness to the otherwise rich (but yummy) bite. When I saw your notation 'mini cups' my mind immediately went to a crab filling. I'm going to have to look for these in the supermarket.

6. Fearless Kitchen
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM | Permalink

What a great idea! I bet these go over like a charm!

7. Liesl
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM | Permalink

This would be a great little snack for a girls night! I will have to make them at the next one I go to!

8. Fallon
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM | Permalink

What a great idea. Melted brie is heaven. Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats on the 70,000 hits! Must feel amazing!

9. noble pig
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM | Permalink

Those little cups are fabulous!

10. That Girl
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM | Permalink

All cheeses benefit from being at room temperature, but there is just something about warm brie that surpasses all other cheeses!

11. Karen
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM | Permalink

I love baked brie and these little gems look great! Just the thing to have on hand for expected or unexpected company!

12. Patsyk
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM | Permalink

Using such great ingredients it's no wonder why these are always welcome! I am going to have to remember these next time I have a get-together!

13. Grace
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM | Permalink

congrats on the popularity of your blog!!
    meanwhile, baked brie rocks, and your individualized portions are an incredible idea! they're much neater, too. 🙂

14. Jenn@slim-shoppin
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM | Permalink

Congrats on the 70,000 hits for the peach cups, they did look amazing! You are so talented!!

I've used the phyllo cups to make like little egg quiches, but I love the brie idea!!

15. oneordinaryday
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM | Permalink

Oh, the minis. I love them. These look just beautiful and really delicious.
    ~Michelle

16. Linda
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 7:02 PM | Permalink

Robin…All I can say is OH YUM! Mour kids love brie and they love to entertain…I am sending this to them as well as tucking it away for a get together I am having in a couple of weeks. They look so good!
    Congrats on 70,000 hits….wow!
    How do you find that info?

17. biz319
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM | Permalink

Wow! That's amazing -70,000! They were wonderful to look at!

Hannah had a great time at Smith Mountain Lake – lots of floating and jet skiing – and she's pretty tan!

18. Maria
    Posted July 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM | Permalink

Oh how I adore brie. And 70,000 is outrageous!! Congrats!

19. Sophie
    Posted July 16, 2009 at 4:25 AM | Permalink

I love Brie; this is such a lovely Brie iedea!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,…lovely!

20. Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes]
    Posted July 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM | Permalink

These look soo good! And 70,000 hits! WOW!! I wanna be you when I grow up 😛 But those peach cakes were totally awesome, you deserved each one of those hits!

21. Sabrina
    Posted July 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM | Permalink

I love those little appetizers. And 70,000 hits congratulations. I don't think your blog is wee little any more.

22. tamilyn
    Posted July 17, 2009 at 4:12 AM | Permalink

I love the food p*rn shot at top where you can actually count all those layers in the phyllo cups! Look delish!

23. HoneyB
    Posted July 17, 2009 at 5:28 AM | Permalink

YUM I am all over this one! I love brie (as do my kids). I'll be buying some of those little cups soon! I'll let you know when I've made it. 🙂

24. pigpigscorner
    Posted July 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM | Permalink

Wonderful presentation. Looks and sounds gorgeous!

25. Nicisme
    Posted July 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM | Permalink

I love those little things, so easy to make to, yum!