30 Second Cheese Ball

This is not a recipe but a Rescue-me. Do you have any Rescue-me’s? You know, not really recipes but items you throw together last minute and call it something fancy only to find that everyone wants the recipe? This is just that; two ingredients rolled together for a terrific appetizer in under 30 seconds. This cheese ball has saved me many times. You can always find cream cheese in my fridge and my spice cupboard is full of spice blends making it very easy to pull off this cheese ball at a moment’s notice. Try one for yourself and just be ready to, ahem… give out the rescue-me.

30 Second Cheese Ball
1 T. of your favorite spice blend- I used Penzeys’ Northwoods Seasoning
8 ounce cream cheese

Roll cheese into a ball. Place spice blend in a bowl and roll cheese ball in the seasonings until completely covered and spices are all used. Serve with your favorite crackers.

Note- It is best to use a spicy blend as the smooth, creaminess of the cream cheese will provide the perfect balance. I have also done this with Old Bay Seasoning with great results and compliments.

More Rescue-me’s?
Pepperoni Dip
Cheese Pretzels
Mock Chocolate Fondue
Fancy Brownies

1. Sophie
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 7:37 AM | Permalink

What a neat idea!! Yummie & easy!!

2. Dawn
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM | Permalink

I have a rescue me clam dip that is out of this world. I always get compliments on it and people just hover over it during the holidays. (I love that).
    Cheese balls are perfect rescue me's! LOL

3. oneordinaryday
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM | Permalink

Genius. What a time-saver.

4. Dolce
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 10:11 AM | Permalink

Great when you have last minutes guests! Thank you!

5. Dolce
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

(My rescue me is a stash of tapenade in my fridge. I will just toast bread and spread it. Not super exciting but it fits the bill!)

6. That Girl
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM | Permalink

This idea also works fabulously with goat cheese/fresh herbs – which is one of my rescue mes.

7. Karen
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM | Permalink

I love Old Bay… I'll remember this one!

8. Stephanie
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM | Permalink

Love it! I love the northwoods seasoning from Penzey's. I mix a little of that seasoning with a couple T. of orange juice concentrate and a T. of oil, plus just a little water to make an awesome marinade for chicken or porkchops.

9. Missy
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 3:24 PM | Permalink

I have done the same thing with cream cheese and Taco Seasoning. And Fajita Seasoning. mmmmm (I may have even done that just for me sans guests haha)

10. Grace
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM | Permalink

i'm sorry, i don't have 30 seconds to spare. don't you have a 10 second cheese ball? 🙂
    great idea, robin sue!

11. Maria
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM | Permalink

How easy! Love it!

12. Ingrid
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM | Permalink

Oh, I read your note on using Old Bay. My Honey being from Maryland swears by it. I'm pretty certain if I make this sucker for him I'll have hime warpped around my finger for a day or two! Thanks for sharing!
    ~ingrid

13. Sabrina
    Posted September 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM | Permalink

Ok… I think I am about ready to go to Penzy's. Although, I know I will be overwhelmed and not know what to get. Go to recipe… a Rotel dip. And your buffalo chicken dip.

Posted September 18, 2009 at 9:56 AM | Permalink

Stephanie- Great idea!
    Sabrina- We have to go some time!
    Grace- I would love a ten second any type of recipe!
    Ingrid- make it for your man and wrap him around your finger for sure!

15. Lisa
    Posted September 18, 2009 at 12:23 PM | Permalink

Another simple triumph! What a great idea.

16. Joan Nova
    Posted September 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM | Permalink

Clever…sometimes we try too hard. Love the term 'rescue me'. And if you do another cheese ball with a green herb blend, you'll have the perfect cheese board for Christmas.

17. gfe--gluten free easily
    Posted September 18, 2009 at 6:31 PM | Permalink

Yet another award-winning idea, Robin Sue! Love it! 🙂 I've got the Old Bay (of course LOL), but now I have to include that Northwoods seasoning in my next Penzey's order. They are so good for offering gluten-free spices and seasonings.

Shirley

18. Lucy
    Posted September 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM | Permalink

Brilliant!!! Quick, easy, and just perfect!

19. pigpigscorner
    Posted September 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM | Permalink

This is a really great idea!

20. Cheri
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM | Permalink

What a great idea! And, it looks tasty too!

21. tamilyn
    Posted September 22, 2009 at 3:33 AM | Permalink

Northwoods is my oldest daughter's favorite. Before she left for college, she went up there and bought a bottle of that and a bottle of cinnamon to take to the dorm so she can spice up the cafeteria food and have toast 🙂

Don't know that I have a 'rescue me' other than lots of cereal and milk 🙂

22. spb
    Posted September 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

What a great little gift to give at Christmas time. I had no idea that it could be this easy!

23. Luminita Chapman
    Posted September 26, 2009 at 6:59 PM | Permalink

I love the simplicity of your rescue-me recipes, you made me think of some of the rescue-mes that I have done which I can now add to my own recipe blog.

Extra Easy Homemade Recipes, please pay a visit if you get the time.

One Trackback

1. By Halloween Spider Cheese Ball Recipe on October 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM

[…] Bacon and Green Onion Cheese Ball, Real Mom Kitchen S”Mores Cheese Ball, Taste and Tell 30 Second Cheese Ball, Big Red […]