Soft Pretzel Samoas

IMG_2513.JPG

My sister-in-law Donna emailed me last week telling me to try out her new pretzel snack. She melted caramels, dipped one side of a soft pretzel in it and then dipped the caramel side into a plate of mini chocolate chips, craisens, and nuts. Sounded great to me, but I did not have any caramels in the house to melt so I cheated using these…

I also went for the chocolate-coconut-caramel combination in place of the fruit and nuts. Here is what I did…

On a well greased foil-lined pan, I topped each frozen soft pretzel with one sheet of Caramel Apple Wraps (found at my local grocery store) and then sprinkled them with with a generous amount of sweetened, shredded coconut. I baked these in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Once out of the oven I drizzled them with melted chocolate.

Wonderful, warm, gooey. I loved this treat and enjoyed having to lick my sticky, chocolately fingers. And for the caramel and coconut that melted down in the holes of the pretzel, I mopped it all up with the pretzel of course. We preferred these without the salt. Although salt and caramel are a great combination, it was too rich for this dessert.

You will want to eat these within a couple of hours of making, because like all soft pretzels they will get chewier with age.

More Pretzel Recipes:
Cheese Pretzels
RPM’s

Hey have you signed up for my newsletter yet? I have my Fall issue coming soon!

Robin Sue

1. EAT!
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 7:10 AM | Permalink

OK! That is crazy good. When I am at the store this morning I will also be picking up the ingredients for these.

2. kudoskookies
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 7:25 AM | Permalink

You have GOT to be kidding me! Who thinks of this stuff and why didn't I come up with it first? LOL. Yes, I am going to have to make these and in the very near future. I want salt on mine though.
    Renee

3. Rindy R
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM | Permalink

I agree with EAT! Crazy good and EASY! These are going on my "To Make" list right now!

4. Sunshine Mom
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 9:47 AM | Permalink

holy cow, those look amazing! i am off to the store right now for frozen pretzels… 🙂

5. Christy
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM | Permalink

Holy. Easy. Yummo!!!! These look amazing!! I have to add these to my list too! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

6. Lucy
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 10:07 AM | Permalink

and… I have to agree too!!! Crazy GOOOOD!!

7. Grace
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 10:35 AM | Permalink

chocolate, caramel, and coconut trump fruit and nuts any minute of any hour of any day. gorgeous, luscious, scrumptious treat!

8. Dawn
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM | Permalink

you know someone once called me an evil genius. I have to pass that on to you now. crazy good!!!

9. That Girl
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 10:52 AM | Permalink

I have to say – you can't really go wrong with pretzels in any form – sweet or savory. These look delicious.

10. Fallon
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM | Permalink

hahah wow that looks amazing!

11. Mari at Once Upon a Plate
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM | Permalink

What a great idea! Looks delicious!!

12. kim @ mommyknows
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM | Permalink

My kids would love this! Yum 🙂

13. Maria
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM | Permalink

How creative! Love this idea!

14. Karen
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 8:00 PM | Permalink

Oh my goodness, I want one! Sweet and salty goodness.

15. Sheila
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 9:07 PM | Permalink

Oh, my! I am in heaven just thinking about this:)

16. Laurie
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 12:36 AM | Permalink

Oh my, that is the most decadent thing I've ever seen. My son would die over this if I made it for him.

Great creativity with ingredients!

17. Barbara
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 6:35 AM | Permalink

Wow! That is some kind of treat! Kudos to Donna!

18. Anonymous
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM | Permalink

In place of a child's birthday cake, I think this would be a wonderful treat. Maybe having each child make his own pretzel with a number of options to put on it. Or if you can find a very large pretzel that will feed a crowd would also be nice for a birthday party or a teen age get together. Ma

19. Ingrid
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM | Permalink

Oh, boy…those look very decadent but gooood.
    ~ingrid

20. AJ
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM | Permalink

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!! I can't wait to try this for the holidays. Caramels will be on sale this weekend. I have pretzel rods and dark chocolate in my pantry and coconut in my desk. I can't wait. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

21. biz319
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM | Permalink

Holy yum – Somoas are my step-sons favorite girl scout cookie – he's coming over for football on Sunday – definitely plan to make these – thanks RobinSue!

22. Sabrina
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM | Permalink

Those look absolutely naughty. I will tell you right now my jeans are going to be hating you for sharing this. Because I will have to try several pretzels before I find just the right one. That is if I can narrow it down to one.

23. Michelle
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 7:12 PM | Permalink

OH MY…a very decadent snack and so pretty too!

24. Anonymous
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM | Permalink

How are these the next day? Do they store well or do they have to be eaten hot or within a few hours of making?

Posted October 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM | Permalink

Anon- You will want to eat these within a few hours of making. I left one in a sealed container overnight to see how it would be the next day and the pretzel was chewy. Thanks for bringing this up.