Andouille and Sweet Potato Kebabs

My calender seems to be filling quickly! Not only with social events but things like, “Hey mom I need to bring a treat for my class’ Thanksgiving feast- tomorrow.” I have spent the last two days in various grocery stores gathering for our own feast this Thursday. There will be a bounty on our table for sure. One little nosh you may want to add to your menu are these full-of-flavor Andouille and Sweet Potato Kebabs with Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise. Simple to make ahead and have ready when your guests arrive looking for a little bite before the Big Show.

Andouille and Sweet Potato Kebabs
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into one inch dice, about 32 pieces
olive oil
Kosher salt
black pepper

4 links andouille sausage cut into 32 pieces

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
black pepper
1 T. minced fresh parsley
juice and zest of one lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced

In a medium baking dish toss sweet potato cubes with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in 425 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until fork tender. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the andouille sausage until browned on each side of each slice. Turn off heat and set aside. To make the Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise with salt, pepper to taste, lemon zest and juice, parsley, and garlic. Chill until ready to serve. Once the sweet potatoes are done. Place a piece of sweet potato on a toothpick then a piece of sausage. Place all on a pretty platter and serve with the mayonnaise. You may serve this at room temperature. Makes 32 pieces.

Note- You may use whatever sausage you wish. Kristi, Himself’s co-worker, made these for us last Saturday using hot Italian sausage, very tasty indeed. Thanks Kristi for telling me how to make these, I love them!

Other tasty noshes:
Tiny Brie Bites
Brie and Fig Appetizer
Canapes

1. the domestic mama
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 7:27 AM | Permalink

Oooo~looks gourmet!I love the fancy skewer!

2. unconfidentialcook
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 10:38 AM | Permalink

I absolutely LOVE these! And who needs a holiday to make 'em. Great, great idea!

3. Joan Nova
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 10:48 AM | Permalink

Thanksgiving is spent at my sister's house and I'm delegated the 'pickies' for cocktails before the big sit-down. I haven't done a thing yet but buy a few cheeses and olives. So, thank you, this is a great idea and very in keeping with the flavor profiles of the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone the table in the Big Red Kitchen.

4. Dawn
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink

now that would make a good combo. I should try this on a pizza.

5. That Girl
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM | Permalink

Last month when I was planning our Thanksgiving menu I had to invent my own appetizers because I couldn't find any amazing ones. Of course this week they're popping up right and left. I'll have to make notes for next year.

6. Karen
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM | Permalink

Just the thing before a TG Dinner!

7. Ingrid
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM | Permalink

Can I just come over for some? 🙂

Happy Turkey Day!
    ~ingrid

8. Mimi
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 2:22 PM | Permalink

Yum! Good combination of flavors.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Mimi

9. Kelly
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM | Permalink

Wow! They look so fancy – and delicious! I would never have thought to put those two things together, but I bet they're fantastic. I'm not a mayo fan, so I'd skip that part, so it's nice that the sauce/dip is on the side. Great app!

10. pigpigscorner
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM | Permalink

Wonderful presentation!

11. Jenn@slim-shoppin
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 6:52 PM | Permalink

That's a pretty fancy plate you got there!

I've told my husband after watching so many cooking competitions I need to start plating my food better like in a fancy restaurant!

This is a great and quick idea!

12. Mark
    Posted November 25, 2009 at 1:48 AM | Permalink

NIce recipe and the picture just begs one to learn how to make it. I was sifting through the net in search of a few recipes and came across your site. I am a student at Cordon Bleu in Paris and the picture for this dish is presented in VERY much of a French style. The Chefs here would have loved your work. Nice job!

13. Grace
    Posted November 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM | Permalink

skewers and sausages–that combination will always make a fantastic bite…as long as you don't try to eat the skewer too, in your haste to eat the sausage. 🙂

14. Sophie
    Posted November 27, 2009 at 7:36 AM | Permalink

A georgous & very festive & easy amuse bouche!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM,…Robin Sue!

15. Kay
    Posted November 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM | Permalink

These looks so simple but so incredibly elegant. I'm saving the recipe so I can give it a go on New Years. Not sure I can buy andouille sausage here, so will have to see what other options I have. Thanks for the recipe!

16. Lori
    Posted November 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM | Permalink

What a great little appetizer!

17. Chocolaty Lifestyle
    Posted November 29, 2009 at 3:38 PM | Permalink

Wow such a great idea! It must be really yummy too! 🙂