Ham Biscuits

With plenty of ham leftover from Thanksgiving, it was time to have Ham Biscuits. My family and my brother’s family try to get together on most Sunday nights to catch up and let the cousins play together. Ham Biscuits proved to be a perfect meal for our gathering. I made a big pan of biscuits, placed the ham on a platter, and placed out various toppings such as red plum jam, honey butter, and mustard. Everyone made their own biscuit according to their likings and with the leftover biscuits we mopped up more of that yummy honey butter.

Ham Biscuits are great companions to soup, tailgating, and Sunday Night Suppers. Try some when you have leftover ham, it’s the Southern thing to do.

Cheddar Biscuits and Bunny Hutter
Lime Honey Butter
Rosemary Browned Butter
Yeast Biscuits

Newsletter Update- The Big Red Kitchen News went out to 774 people! If you signed up for it but did not receive it then you 1) did not respond to the verification email or 2) did not check your spam folder for the verification email. Please check your spam folder to verify your subscription or sign up again being sure to verify. About 150 people have not verified their subscription. If you did miss it, here is the link. Now go ahead and sign up over there on the right for future newsletters.

What would you like to see in the newsletter?

1. the domestic mama
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 8:07 AM | Permalink

MMMM! A true southern treat! I LOVE them… I wish I was there!

2. Anshika
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM | Permalink

these biscuits look so delicious Yummy !!

3. Kay
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM | Permalink

This looks so good right now. It's rainy and cold here, and this seems like the perfect comfort food.

4. Dawn
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

you know I love when you make these.

5. Grace
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM | Permalink

wowza, those biscuits are perfection. the ham would be an afterthought–i'd probably inhale three or four biscuits before i realized the ham was supposed to go in the middle. 🙂

6. Mimi
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM | Permalink

Biscuits and ham.. yum. I'm not southern but I love this.

7. Dolce
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM | Permalink

I have never baked biscuits! Maybe it's time I give those little guys a try…

8. Karen
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM | Permalink

Oops, I meant to say that I rec'd the newsletter and *loved* it!! Great job 🙂

9. Rate This Recipe!
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM | Permalink

Wow, I never used biscuits in making ham sandwiches like this. So this is a popular way for the South to make sandwiches like this?

Posted December 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM | Permalink

Rate This Recipe- Ham biscuits are popular here in the South and we also make ham biscuits using sweet potato biscuits too.

11. HoneyB
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM | Permalink

Oh! Yum, yum gimme some! I love these and I am no good at biscuit making! Yours look so delicious and I love the ham in them!

12. Cajun Chef Ryan
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM | Permalink

Love me some ham biscuits! These look like some good comfort food!

13. Ingrid
    Posted December 2, 2009 at 11:55 PM | Permalink

I sure wish! I had some leftover ham. One of my brothers' hosted Thanksgiving so there was absolutely NO ham (my family's fave) and no leftovers for that matter. My SIL needs hostessing help.

14. unconfidentialcook
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM | Permalink

You are famous…plus it's its own "thing" on the website–scrubsmag.com. And…the biscuits look great. I wish I were allowed to make ham instead of turkey!

15. tamilyn
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM | Permalink

Oh boy, those look delish! Now after hankering for turkey, I'm hankering for ham…

16. Penny
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 11:02 AM | Permalink

Ham biscuits are one of my favorites and ham biscuits made with sweet potatoes are great for appetizers if you make them small. Great for this time of year. By the way your Thanksgiving dinner rocked!

17. Molly
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 11:14 AM | Permalink

Lord have MERCY!! This is what's for dinner tonight at my house! Gotta get the ham though. I might even make gravy, that's my favorite part!LOL

18. Bees and Their Knees
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM | Permalink

Again – YUMMMMM. I can totally see this becoming a staple of my family's Christmas Day lunch extravaganza.

And thanks for commenting on my blog! 🙂

19. noble pig
    Posted December 4, 2009 at 2:36 AM | Permalink

Mouthwatering, so easy and I'm sure everyone loved it.

20. Sophie
    Posted December 4, 2009 at 6:21 AM | Permalink

MMMMMMMM,…your ham biscuits look so lovely & ooh soo tasty !!!

21. Anita
    Posted December 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM | Permalink

Whoa, that looks *really* good. Me thinks we will need to do this soon since this is one of our "good" Christmases (i.e. all kids home, no one deployed, sweet!). What did you serve with this? What is in the bowl next to the ham??

22. Sabrina
    Posted December 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM | Permalink

Great idea for the holidays! Thanks for the reminder.

23. Sabrina
    Posted December 7, 2009 at 4:27 PM | Permalink

Great idea for the holidays. Thanks for the reminder.

24. Marcy
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM | Permalink

Great ideas here….here in the south of California I will be serving this
    For my Halloween visitors especially the plum jam and the honey
    butter. Thanks for the inspiration.