It Was A Beautiful Summer

Picnics in the park.

Running through fountains with friends.

Hanging out with my parents at Smith Mountain Lake.

Brave boys tubing!

Dae and I tubing at SML. Daelyn was so excited and giggled the entire time.

Ate our way through Portland, OR. Built to Grill food pod in Portland makes the best gourmet pastas!

Schnitzelwich makes a darn good sandwich too, also in Portland.

Joined Biz’s 101 Days of Summer Challenge and lost 8.5 pounds and 10.25 overall inches.

CrossFit is how this FOOD blogger stays trim. Here I am pulling a 90 pound sled. Try it!

Enjoyed my children’s silliness. Sometimes.

Saw my boys take their first job as dog trainers. They are growing up to be such responsible young men.

Enjoyed our time in Cannon Beach with Clan Joss celebrating Himself’s parent’s 50th Anniversary.

Cherished our family time together at the Minnow on the Willamette River near Portland, OR.

Created Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, and thanks to all of you it has been viewed over 123,000 times! Thank you!

My biggest Fan- Himself. I love this guy!

Started Big Red Kitchen Cooking Salon, classes will be announced soon.

After having the best summer ever (I say that after every summer!), we saw our three amazing children off to school. I am so proud of them!

I am richly blessed with family and friends, they are my life. God is good all the time.

1. Amy K
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 7:04 AM | Permalink

Congratulations! That's such wonderful news….Love the t-shirts as well!
    Best wishes on your new venture!

2. Lisa
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM | Permalink

I love this post! Glad you had such a great summer and good luck with your new project. Don't know how I missed the pancakes the first time but what a great idea!

3. High Plains Drifters
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM | Permalink

Portland is one of my favorite eating cities. Best bento boxes in the country, in my opinion.

Confession: I stumbled onto your site because I thought it was affiliated with the University of Nebraska!

Good luck with the new venture. If you can run a business half as well as you write and a tenth as well as you cook, you'll do great!

Cheerio!

4. Fallon
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM | Permalink

Congrats on the weight loss! You always looked great anyways, now you just have extra muscle to show off. 😉

Can't wait to see what you have in store. I've missed your posts!

5. oneordinaryday
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM | Permalink

Amen.

Love all the photos and summer memories. Kind of like looking at a friend's mini scrapbook. : )

Hope we get a chance to see those tshirts on the blog again. Very cool!

6. vanillasugar
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM | Permalink

awesome photos. your kids are getting so big!
    love the house literally right on the lake. that's where i want to go and chill for 2 weeks.
    good luck with the cooking classes, i want to do that but i need a big red kitchen! LOL

7. mybizzykitchen.com
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM | Permalink

You are truly blessed – what a wonderful recap of your summer!

Jealous of your trip to Smith Mountain Lake – we didn't make it there this year – but that's my favorite thing to do – put on a life vest and just "float!"

Wish I lived near you so I could participate in your cooking salon!

And way to rock out the 101 Days of Summer Challenge!

8. Sheila
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 12:22 PM | Permalink

It was a great summer! Love all the pictures and am looking forward to the cooking classes.

9. Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM | Permalink

…and all the time God is good 🙂 Love it! I am exited about your new cooking salon, I will be staying tuned.

10. FOODalogue
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM | Permalink

Looks like a great summer for all! With all my traveling, I've never been to Portland but really want to visit one of these days.

Robin – I am in awe of you and your cross-fit training. You go, girl!

11. Mimi
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM | Permalink

Looks like a fantastic summer of family and fun.
    Mimi

12. michelle @ The Domestic Mama and The Village Cook
    Posted September 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM | Permalink

I simply adore posts like these- that show the humans behind the kitchen life!!! Summers are wonderful and yours looked fantastic!

13. Paula
    Posted September 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM | Permalink

What a great blog!

Have a nice time!
    Paula

14. Karen
    Posted September 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM | Permalink

Looks like you had a terrific summer! Can't wait to hear about your cooking school!

15. grahamstravelblog
    Posted September 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM | Permalink

120,000 visits…on one post? Holy smokes! I'm not sure my blog will ever hit 120,000 visits cumulatively over the lifetime of it.

So when are you getting that book deal? You certainly have the knack and the reach for it. I'll buy one, but you'll have to autograph it for me.

16. Penny
    Posted September 16, 2010 at 8:10 AM | Permalink

What a wonderful Summer! Good luck with your new venture. You will be great at it!. I'm enjoying listining to your interview with Alex.

17. Ingrid
    Posted September 16, 2010 at 10:47 PM | Permalink

Thanks for sharing Robin Sue! Hope your three have a wonderful school year!
    ~ingrid

18. Ingrid
    Posted September 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM | Permalink

Duh, forgot to tell you ….I can't wait to learn more about your cooking salon! Does this mean your (sci-fi?) book is done for now? I want you to know I was looking forward to reading. Remember that third "B"? 🙂
    ~ingrid

19. shorty
    Posted September 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM | Permalink

I have been reading your blog for awhile and was floored you do crossfit!lol My hubs come across it this summer and has had AMAZING results. He has talked me into doing it and I have done three days and am SUPER sore!hehe I was wondering how long you have been at it? I am just starting so I have a LONG ways to go but you look so good I just had to know more:) Love your blog
    Shorty

Posted September 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM | Permalink

Hi Shorty,
    I have been doing CrossFit since 11/1/09. The first time I went they were flipping the tire and I could not even lift it! I could not walk for a week. Now I can finish the WOD, may not be fast but I can get it done. I have lost 16 pounds since starting, and many inches. I feel great and I love the people at the gym, they are what keeps me going. My hubby does it too, so that is really fun!