Nutella Pizza

Each year I am dragged into Autumn kicking and screaming, I hate summer to end. So the only way Autumn can gently coax me along is by offering her bounty and tempting me with her delicacies. Apples, pumpkins, cider, pies and crisps, and soups and stews. Then I follow, slowly at first, but I oblige, I must. Apples are first up in Autumn’s offerings as the Honeycrisp adds sweetness and a cool, crispiness to this dessert pizza. So many more versions are dancing in my head. But I will start you here with this one. This has to be the most delicious dessert pizza I have ever tasted. I used Biz’s No-Rise Pizza Crust which came together faster than my oven could heat. This crust is crispy on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside, and tastes fantastic. My only major tweak was that I added a tsp of sugar to feed the yeast- I look at it like this, it is their last meal, feed the little guys, would ya?

See how nicely that crust came?

Nutella Pizza– adapted from Anna’s Brick Oven Pizza

Pizza Dough– adapted from Biz she makes hers in a food processor, go see.
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 cup very warm water
3 t. active yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 T. olive oil

Heat your oven and pizza stone to 450 degrees. I used my KA mixer to make dough. In bowl of mixer using the dough hook, mix flour and salt for a few seconds. Meantime mix yeast, water and sugar and let sit for about 5 minutes then stir in oil. While the mixer is running, add the yeast mixture slowly. Mix until blended and add a bit more flour (I added another scant 1/4 cup) until the dough is not so sticky. With floured hands remove the dough and place on a piece of floured parchment which is on a pizza pan. Roll dough out to a 15 inch circle. Using the pizza pan, or if you have a peel, use it, slide dough and parchment onto baking stone and bake for 8 minutes or until crust is golden and crispy. Remove from oven and top with…

Toppings
Nutella- as much as you like!
one apple finely diced
2/3 cup toasted walnut pieces
2/3 cup toffee bits
fresh ground sea salt- gently sprinkle over entire pizza

Drizzle with a little heated Nutella, slice and serve immediately. Serves 8-12 depending on size of slices.

*Anna’s only uses the Nutella, walnuts, and apples. The sea salt and toffee are my additions.

**To avoid issues with my nut allergy guy, I sliced the crust first and made each piece individually. He had his topped with Fluff, banana slices, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. The topping ideas are endless.

What would you put on your dessert pizza? Give all the BRK readers some really good ideas.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIMSELF- Ich Liebe Dich. PRIMA!!

1. Kelly
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 7:40 AM | Permalink

*jaw on the floor* This looks AH-mazing! I feel the same way about fall. Love the flavors and scents – and even the cooler temps – but it's so short and then it's winter. Boo hiss. I'm thinking this is just about the perfect way to usher in fall. Wowsers! Thanks for sharing the recipe! (and happy b-day to your hubby!)

2. oneordinaryday
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 8:40 AM | Permalink

No way! This is incredible. Now you know darn well I've got a jar of Nutella waiting for another fabulous dessert. This just got better and better as I read through the post. Sea salt to finish it off? Brilliant! This is definitely going to get made here!!!!

3. Biz
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM | Permalink

Robin Sue – yes, that dessert pizza is insulin worthy!!

Hannah loves Nutella – I am definitely going to show this to her.

Happy Birthday to your Hubs!!

4. Dan
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:02 AM | Permalink

I'm with Kelly here. This is absolutely amazing. I feel like going home right now and making it.

5. High Plains Drifters
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM | Permalink

Case lot sale at the commissary last weekend, and I almost bought a 55 gallon drum of Nutella. Shoulda!

6. Velva
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:05 AM | Permalink

The nutella pizza is beautiful. Love it.

As for Fall? I am so ready! I am looking forward to opening windows and a wearing a sweater. Fall comes late to North Florida but, when it does, it's sweet.

7. Fallon
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM | Permalink

Gosh you had me at nutella!

Some peanut butter cups would make a good dessert pizza topping!

8. Anne
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM | Permalink

LOL, I hate summer and I *love* the first signs of fall… and the cooler weather! Me and heat don't get along at all. I also love all the fall produce, too… mmmm! I'll have to try this pizza next time I have nutella around (or come up with some tasty variations… hmmm…).

9. Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes]
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM | Permalink

The pizza looks wonderful!! I once tried a dessert brownie pizza, that seemed like a little too much, so this seems perfect!

10. Sabrina
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 3:22 PM | Permalink

Oh my goodness… that looks so good. I can't wait to try that. I hope I have nutella in my cupboard.

Happy Birthday to your man!

11. FOODalogue
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM | Permalink

I'm not a big dessert eater…but, oh my…I'd have to make an exception for this. Looks great!

12. Lynn
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM | Permalink

Doesn't that look divine! I don't think I've ever made a dessert pizza, and after reading your post, I'm wondering why. It seems like a sure hit.

13. Mimi
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:49 AM | Permalink

I wish my nutella would last long enough to make a pizza. This is a great recipe to welcome the change of seasons.
    Mimi

14. snarflemarfle
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 7:58 AM | Permalink

Oh, yum-o! I'm all for a quick, easy pizza dough recipe and this looks like a good one! Of course, just about anything would be good with Nutella on it!

15. Karen
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM | Permalink

My granddaughter would love this! Going to forward it to my daughter. Thanks, Robin Sue!

16. ashandlewplus2.com
    Posted September 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM | Permalink

Wow, this looks amazing. I am very excited to give this a try. I cooked a chocolate cheese cake this morning, but I have to say I think my husband would enjoy your pizza just a much if not more. I am getting ready to post some pictures and blog about the Chocolate Cheese Cake check it out, I think you will love it.
    Ashlee

17. Ingrid
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM | Permalink

Hi, RObin Sue! YES!!! Things are pretty much the same at my house Busy, busy with sports, school, work, AND this year I'm on the PTSA board and am chairing Student Hospitality. Just finished planning my first event, a Welcome Back Social. It was this past Wed. and from what I've heard from parents & kids it was a success! YAY!

If you ever do get around to writing that novel I want in on getting first "dibs" to read & review it! 🙂

While we're not crazy about chocolate I can certainly see lots possiblities for all kinds of yummy goodness.

Have a great weekend & happy birthday to your hubs!
    ~ingrid

18. Mary at Deep South Dish
    Posted September 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM | Permalink

Wow. This looks awesome Robin Sue!!

19. pigpigscorner
    Posted September 28, 2010 at 8:36 AM | Permalink

A great way to start autumn!

20. grace
    Posted September 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM | Permalink

i, for one, will always take a dessert pizza over a cheesy, saucy one. this is marvelous, robin sue!

5 Trackbacks