Advent Day 2: Ting-A-Lings

It’s a cookie, no it’s candy. I don’t know how you would categorize this treat other than saying it is a no-bake thingy. Now if you are short on time and need to “bake” some cookies for an event this would be the perfect item. Melt some chocolate chips and stir in chow mein noodles then some salted peanuts and badda-bing-badda-boom, you’re done. Have a nut allergy? Break up some pretzels to equal one cup and you have a salty substitute for the peanuts.

Ting-A-Lings: From Himself’s Mom
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used white chocolate chips this time, yum!
1 C. butterscotch chips
2 C. chow mein noodles
1 C. salted peanuts

In a double boiler melt chips and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts. Drop by tablespoon fulls on waxed paper. Let set and store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen.

Need another no-bake cookie? Try these Raggedy Robin’s

Come back tomorrow for Day 3.

1. Kallie
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM | Permalink

We used to make something like this with regular chocolate chips at Halloween time. We called them spider cookies. I always remember them being delicious!

2. Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM | Permalink

I like that you used white chocolate chips so they don't look like piles of you know what 🙂 Love these!

3. Jersey Girl Cooks
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM | Permalink

Wow, these look really good! love all your holiday treats.

4. Barbara
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM | Permalink

Those look so good! And would be a fun thing for kids to make too!
    (And yes, the backsplash is stainless steel too.)

5. tamilyn
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM | Permalink

I need to try a variation you listed for these-yummy!

6. oneordinaryday
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM | Permalink

My sister makes this every year, but w/o the peanuts. I can't wait to suggest them.

7. EFT for Cancer
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM | Permalink

These are definitely great treats! Perfect for the holidays.

8. Sabrina
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM | Permalink

yummy. thanks mary lou.

9. MaryBeth
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM | Permalink

OMG…These look amazing. I love all things peanut butter. thanks for stopping in to look at our Turkey & Stuffing Dumplings Stoup, Johnny's Garlic Seasoning is a combo of powder garlic, powder onion, parm cheese and some other spices. If you are unable to find it then I would just use powder garlic and powder onion.

10. Ingrid
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM | Permalink

Why ting-a-lings? I know there has to be a story behind that name.
    ~ingrid

11. grace
    Posted December 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM | Permalink

i never knew the name for these, but i've always loved 'em. ting-a-lings. i like it. 🙂

12. Mimi
    Posted December 6, 2010 at 12:03 PM | Permalink

A fun treat from my childhood.
    Mimi

13. Sharlene Chastain
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM | Permalink

You can also use Fiber One cereal in place of the chow mein noodles, then it is semi-healthy. LOL