Advent Day 23: Christmas Brunch Part 2- Too Easy To Be Good Coffee Cake

So easy, so beautiful, so delicious. So make it. Quickly put together the night before Christmas and left in a warm spot overnight to rise and work its magic, your family will go crazy over this fantastic coffee cake. You will wake to an overflowing pan of risen dough and buttery sugar all ready to bake for the most comforting coffee cake you may have ever had. This is wonderful when served with a Sausage Apple Ring.

As easy as…
1. Place rolls in a greased non-stick bundt pan.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding mix, nut and cinnamon mixture.
3. Top with melted butter.
4. Let rise overnight, then bake.

Too Easy To Be Good Coffee Cake
25 ounces frozen yeast rolls, like Rhodes- about 18
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 sm. box butterscotch cook and serve pudding mix, not instant!
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans, optional
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a well greased non-stick bundt pan, place frozen rolls. Mix sugar, pudding mix, nuts and cinnamon and sprinkle over rolls. Pour butter over top. Cover loosely with foil being sure to grease the side that will touch the cake to prevent sticking. Place on foil or a cookie sheet in a warm area overnight. In the morning, remove foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden. You will need to place a pan or foil under your bundt to catch drips. Once baked, loosen around the edges with a knife, cover with an inverted plate and very carefully flip over. Always flip away from yourself to prevent hot goo from dripping on you. Spoon any excess sauce from the pan over the cake. Serves 8-10.

Come back tomorrow for Day 24 and one last super simple recipe.

1. Lauren at KeepItSweet
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM | Permalink

i would never have thought to use pudding mix in this! wow it does look easy and delicious

2. Kelly
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM | Permalink

I've made these before and can attest to their ease and scrumptiousness. Sooooo good, and I'd completely forgotten about them. Hm, might have to have a change of plans and make a pan for Christmas!

3. Amy
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM | Permalink

My grandma made that every Christmas morning, and I am keeping the tradition at my house 🙂 It is sooo good, and there are so many good memories attached to this recipe.

4. Jenny
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM | Permalink

I can't wait to try this, it looks amazing!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Christmas Advent!

Have a very merry Christmas!
    <3 Jenny

5. Karen
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM | Permalink

Yum!

6. FOODalogue
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 5:55 PM | Permalink

Wanted to run my finger through all that sticky goodness!

All the best to everyone who gathers in the Big Red Kitchen this holiday season.

7. Jenn@slim-shoppin
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 9:59 PM | Permalink

I love that its not that hard to make!

What a great thing to make for Christmas!

8. Kim at 4virtu
    Posted December 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM | Permalink

Absolutely Fabulous! WE included you in our Tasty Tuesday – Welcoming 2011 with a New Year’s Brunch http://bit.ly/ifHNlm – Thank YOU!

9. Modern Lighting
    Posted January 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM | Permalink

Love your website and LOVE this dip! Made it here in Alaska on a rather chilly May night, and it warmed us up! (doubled the jalapenos!)
    Thanks!
    p.s…we had chicken bundles last night and dulce de leche pie for the last two nights! YUM! LOVE YOUR WEBSITE!!!

10. Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes]
    Posted January 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM | Permalink

That looks delicious!! I'm going to look for a homemade yeast rolls recipe, and then totally make this! Won't be able to find them here!

11. Sweet and Savory
    Posted January 16, 2011 at 12:22 AM | Permalink

I was ending my comment and it disappeared. Just in case, it did not go, I am writing an abbreviated one to thank you for linking this great recipe to Let's Do Lunch. I hope you got the other one.

12. BigBearswife
    Posted May 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM | Permalink

Looks kinda like monkey bread 🙂 Oo yum

13. Posted December 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM | Permalink

I made this recipe last year and it was a huge hit. I’m doing it again this year, but I’ll be letting it rise in the fridge this time. It was spilling over the edge overnight last year and I had to punch it down a bit before cooking!

14. Posted April 30, 2014 at 11:22 PM | Permalink

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources
    back to your blog? My blog is in the very same niche
    as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Cheers!

• Robin Sue
      Posted May 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM | Permalink

You can use quotes with links back to me. Thanks!

One Trackback