Advent Day 4: Eggnog Gingerale

Gingernog. Eggale. Alenog. Nogale. I had no idea what to call this beverage, so I called it what it is- Eggnog Gingerale. Any better ideas? I do like eggnog but find it quite rich, even cutting it with a little milk leaves it a filling treat. But then I learned of cutting it with gingerale and huzzah! What a great drink it is. Top with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg. Cheers!
Eggnog Gingerale
Eggnog
chilled gingerale
whipped cream, optional
ground nutmeg

Fill glass halfway with eggnog and top off with gingerale. Top with whipped cream if desired then a dash of nutmeg. But also great without the whipped cream, quite refreshing!

Come back tomorrow for Advent Day 5.

1. the domestic mama
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 7:48 AM | Permalink

mmm, now that looks good! Eggnog is usually too heavy on it's own~ what a great way to lighten it up!

2. Coconut
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 7:57 AM | Permalink

What a clever idea.

I also find eggnog too rich, thick on its own, but had never considered adding the ginger ale. I might also try using seltzer (plain and/or flavored).

Thanks for another fun recipe.

3. StephanieSells
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM | Permalink

OMG saw it, read it….made it…LOVE IT!

4. Ingrid
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM | Permalink

I like it!
    ~ingrid

5. Janel
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM | Permalink

I tried some excellent "boutique" gingerale a few weeks ago that would be excellent with this! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

6. Karen
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM | Permalink

I like eggnog too, but yes, it's much too rich to drink straight. I have eggnog on hand and 7-Up. I'll give this a try tonite!

7. oneordinaryday
    Posted December 4, 2010 at 6:44 PM | Permalink

I have never liked eggnog because it's so thick. I know – weird, right? I think I could get on board with this idea though.

8. Rob
    Posted December 5, 2010 at 4:40 PM | Permalink

Mmmmm! Add 1.5 oz of Bourbon to mine, please! 🙂

9. Mimi
    Posted December 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM | Permalink

I agree eggnog is too rich on it own. I like the idea of adding gingerale, another holiday favorite.
    Mimi

10. grace
    Posted December 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM | Permalink

i'm liking eggale. it has a nice ring to it. 🙂

11. Anonymous
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM | Permalink

This was so delicious! Thank you so much for another way to enjoy my favorite (edible) aspect of Christmas, Egg Nog 🙂

12. Pati
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM | Permalink

Gonna try this..I ADORE eggnog, thick or not !

13. Jamison