Royal Wedding Week: Bacon Butties

Look up there on my Navbar, my Cooking Salon is now taking reservations!

Because Prince Harry ordered Bacon Butties to be served at the close of the huge Wedding Bash in the wee hours Saturday morning, he should be King. I find Harry more interesting than all the Royals rolled into one. He is a naughty boy, but always the life of the party. Bacon Butties are the cousin to our BLT’s which I love but find the Butties a nice alternative. I mean who can deny crispy bacon, thick sliced country bread, and slabs of butter? Some like it with brown sauce or HP sauce, I like mine with just the butter thank you very much. Rumor has it that a Bacon Butty is a sure fire way to cure a hangover, so if you drink too many pints or Royal Engagement Ring Bubblies, practice the Butty System, it will keep you safe.

Bacon Butties
Thickly sliced country bread
3-4 crispy pieces of bacon per sandwich
butter

Spread bread with butter, top with hot crispy bacon, and the second slice of bread. Serve with HP or brown sauce if you want.

Missed Something?
Royal Engagement Ring Bubbly
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
New Classic Cream Scones

1. The Cafe Sucre Farine
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 9:04 AM | Permalink

this is so funny – I live in North Carolina but was visiting family in London last week. I attended a sunrise service shortly before having to leave for the airport to fly home. They were serving Bacon Butties after the service and I was so disappointed not to be able to partake and find out what they were as I had to catch a cab to Heathrow. Now I know, and they sound delicious! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

2. Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 3:52 PM | Permalink

Hahahha, super funny! Those royals are smart partiers huh??? I think they would make me sick after a long night but they sound wonderful right now!

3. Biz
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM | Permalink

Congrats on launching the Cooking Salon! Still so jealous we don't live closer!

Get some rest this weekend! 😀

4. vanillasugar
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM | Permalink

oh yes please. SLATHER on that HO sauce woman!!

5. oneordinaryday
    Posted April 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM | Permalink

Oh, I love Harry too. All that red hair and freckles. He's adorable. My goddaughter is studying in London this semester and we keep telling her she needs to bump into the boy and bring him home. 🙂

6. Miri Leigh
    Posted May 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM | Permalink

This is too funny. It's true though- you can't go wrong with bacon and country bread!

7. Sabrina
    Posted May 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM | Permalink

Yummm!

8. BigBearswife
    Posted May 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM | Permalink

looks delish!!!

oh did I just see you on tv for a cascade commercial?? I think I did 🙂

Posted May 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM | Permalink

BigBearswife-Yup that was me doing a Finish Challenge Commercial. Yay!

10. BigBearswife
    Posted May 4, 2011 at 9:39 AM | Permalink

Thanks so awesome!!! You did a great job!

11. amy grace
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 12:30 PM | Permalink

I LOVE BACON BUTTIES! when we were in England, our friends made them with CROISSANTS and oh my gosh they were melt-in-your mouth amazing. i like mine with HP sauce 🙂 can't get enough of that British food!