Nutella Bites

Fillo Cups save the day again! I have formed a habit of keeping a box of these in my freezer for emergency appetizers or desserts. The other day, it happened, Himself came home from Zuzu’s baseball game saying we had been invited to dinner that evening. “That evening” happened to be in 15 minutes. Thankfully I remembered the Fillo Cups. I also had some Nutella and Mascarpone lingering about along with some leftover fresh whipped cream. Ta Da! Dessert in under 5 minutes. Topped with some grated chocolate and mint from the garden, these little treats made a big show.

Nutella Bites
Mix a big spoonful of Mascarpone with a big spoonful of Nutella. Fill all 15 Fillo Cups using a small spoon with the Nutella mixture and top with a bit of whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and decorate with mint leaves. Serves 6-7.

Liren at Kitchen Confidante has an actual recipe for these if you need one. Hers are super pretty! And while we are on the topic of Nutella, you must try Michelle’s Nutella Fudge Brownies over at One Ordinary Day.

Mascarpone mixes well with fresh raspberries, or peanut butter and honey, or grated chocolate and orange rind, or instant espresso and powdered sugar, or any other additions you can think of for fantastic fillings for these little Fillo Cups.

More Fillo Cup Recipes:
Mini Baked Brie Cups
Cannoli Bites
Brie Bites
Crab Rangoon

Foodista Drink Blog of the Day Badge

BRK is Foodista’s Drink Blog of the Day. Go See. Cheers!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! What yummy foods are you enjoying today?

1. Stephanie
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 7:07 AM | Permalink

These look great Robin and we can get Nutella here, haha. Have you ever made homemade fillo dough? Can't get that here.

2. Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM | Permalink

Yum, my oldest would devour these! I love when things come together quick and make you feel so accomplished and smart, hahah. Good job!

3. A Year on the Grill
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM | Permalink

Keeping this idea… We are getting lots of drop ins these days. i need something like this to make quick, easy and perfect to have a tray sitting around the firepit at night!

Time for a business update from you… how are the classes going???

4. amy grace
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM | Permalink

yum! love nutella. except it just makes me think it's acceptable to put straight up chocolate frosting on toast.

5. oneordinaryday
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM | Permalink

OH MY GOSH! I know I'm out of the loop and haven't been keeping up on the blogs I love, but guess who I just saw on a COMMERCIAL????? YOU! Sam was watching iCarly and who should show up during a commercial break, but Robin Sue. hehe I got so excited. Woot! 🙂

6. Penny
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM | Permalink

Robin Sue, Saw your commercial on The Food Network. Our new Blog Network Star! You go girl. So proud to know yah. Keep up the good work.
    Hugs,
    Penny

7. Mimi
    Posted May 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM | Permalink

This would be a big improvement over eating nutella from a spoon.
    Mimi

8. Kelly
    Posted May 6, 2011 at 2:50 PM | Permalink

love love love everything nutella!

9. The Fillo Factory
    Posted May 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM | Permalink

Hi Robin,

Wow! Thank you for tweeting your delicious-looking creation to us and letting us know how much you like our Mini Fillo Shells! We've enjoyed browsing your other fillo recipes, too.

Just to let you know, we also make Large Fillo Shells — bet you could work some magic with those, too. If interested, you can view that and our other items here: http://on.fb.me/l4ELii

Thanks again for sharing; we hope to feature your blog on our Facebook page soon. Please feel free to stop by and say hi + share other suggestions! We always love to hear from you.

Best wishes,
    Sara
    The Fillo Factory

10. Nutella Love Affair
    Posted May 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM | Permalink

I was bought at Nutella! These would be great as part of a dessert bar. Thanks for sharing!