Root Beer Sherbet

With the kids home from school now, I rarely make it out of the kitchen (alive). It is a constant flow of dirty dishes and never really full tummies. I found this recipe by 7 year old Claudia, daughter of Michelle over at One Ordinary Day. My gang here loves frozen treats, so I knew this one would be a winner. Pop on over and see how Claudia made Root Beer Sherbet. The only change I made was that I used buttermilk in place of the milk or half and half, I just seem to like my sherbs on the tangy side.

Well done Claudia!

1. Heather (Heather's Dish)
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 7:53 AM | Permalink

this caught my attention immediately! i love root beer but have never thought to have it in sorbet form. i can't imagine how delicious it is!

2. oneordinaryday
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 8:33 AM | Permalink

Robin, ya sweet thing! Thanks for the shout-out to my baby girl. She read your post with me and loved it. 🙂

3. Natalie
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 9:39 AM | Permalink

ahh can't wait to check it out–my mom's been asking me to make root beer ice cream, so i bet she'll love this!

4. A Year on the Grill
    Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM | Permalink

Got to go check that out… we are facing 100 degrees today, these would be terrific

Dave

5. miri leigh
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM | Permalink

Root beer reminds me of my childhood….will make this soon! Thanks for posting!

6. Biz
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM | Permalink

I just dropped Hannah off at O'Hare this morning – she's on her way to Smith Mountain Lake – I am so jealous!

She'll be having a week of porching, eating, and floating!

Enjoy your 4th!!

7. Anonymous
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 3:58 AM | Permalink

CONGRATULATIONS
    I JUST SAW YOUR COMMERCIAL!!!!!!
    YOU WERE VERY GOOD.
    I read your blog but have never left a comment, couldn't resist.
    Candace

8. Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

Great idea and recipe. I think we have everything for this! My kids love root beer anything so I will surprise them with this treat sometime this weekend…I will probably use heavy cream in place of milk, coconut milk or a runnier plain yogurt for the tang (or buttermilk too).
    I do have my ice cream maker unpacked! That is one thing I know for sure 🙂 Thanks for asking…we are moved and settled but not unpacked. Working on landscaping hence my blog neglect latley. House is looking good though and we are so happy. Top that with 3 kids (helpers) home for summer. God is so good!