1-2-3 Tiny Turtle Pies

These remind me of these, but all grown up. If you have stalked BRK for a while you know that I like to use these little Fillo Shells for a variety of sweet and savory one bite treats. I have been on the turtle kick lately, and got to craving some turtly treats again. With some Rolos, mini fillo shells, and some pecan halves, I came up with this teeny, tiny, mini mouthful.

1-2-3 Tiny Turtle Pies
one package mini Fillo Shells
30 Rolos
30 large pecan halves

Place shells on a baking sheet and fill each with 2 Rolos. Bake in 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes or until the Rolo’s are nice and melty, and the shells start to turn golden. Remove from oven and top each with 2 pecan halves, pushing the pecans down into the melted candy. Makes 15.

More Fillo Cup Recipes:
Mini Baked Brie Cups
Cannoli Bites
Brie Bites
Crab Rangoon
Nutella Bites

I live with three children who feel they are entitled to proclaim their boredom. “I am your mother, not your entertainment,” I tell them each time I hear the dreaded “B” word. Or I shout out a list of chores that sends them running. When I do hear that phrase from them, I try to teach them that bored people are boring people and they must go find something to do or create. I am rarely bored, my mind wanders from one wonder to the next, constantly questioning, “what can I make or do now?” How do you turn boredom around?

1. Heather (Heather's Dish)
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM | Permalink

you know you shouldn't make these things so easy to make…someone (ahem…me) might make them and go overboard 🙂

2. CAW
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 9:25 AM | Permalink

you had me at Rolo
    num.num.

3. Biz
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM | Permalink

Such a simple dessert – I am going to make these for Thanksgiving!

That's why you and I got along so well when we met – I am always wishing for more time on my never ending list of things to do and try. 😀

4. Mimi
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM | Permalink

What a clever idea for a quick treat.
    Mimi

5. grace
    Posted October 24, 2011 at 7:19 PM | Permalink

itsy bitsy, teeny weeny turtles–magnificent! rolos are a gift from god. 🙂

6. Kelly
    Posted October 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM | Permalink

yum, perfect for the holidays!

7. Flo
    Posted December 19, 2015 at 2:15 PM | Permalink

What a great idea!! Im going to make them for a Christmas Eve gathering… my boyfriend enjoys cashew turtles, but I’m thinking he’ll like these just as much!