1,2,3 Done! Wensleydale, Gingersnaps, and Rosa Regale

I never understood the cheese plate after a big meal. I like my cheese flights before the meal and dessert after, that is until I had this flavor combination introduced to me by my CrossFit Partner, Dave. He brought Wensleydale with Cranberries served with Ginger Snaps to our CrossFit Christmas party last weekend and had us gals rushing over to try it once he likened it to eating cheesecake. Cheesecake? I like Cheesecake. This will make a showing on my Christmas table this year, and I plan to pair it with a crisp and bubbly, chilled bottle of Rosa Regale, one of my favorite Christmastime bottles of cheer.
1,2,3 done. And Done!

Christmas Time Cheese Plate Pairing
Wensleydale with Cranberries- at room temperature
Ginger Snaps- the more “gingery” the better
Rosa Regale

This would also be lovely in a gift basket for a hostess gift, teacher gift, office gift…

For more 1,2,3 Done Small Bites…
Hot Olives
Nutella Bites
Girl’s Night Out

Thanks Dave, I owe you a lunch for this one!

1. Sheila
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM | Permalink

Oh, it does sound a bit like cheesecake flavors. Yes, I think this would be an fabulous gift!

Do you make your own gingersnaps or have suggestions as to what kind? These look like chewy ones (which I prefer). I guess those would be ginger cookies though. Snap or cookie?

Posted December 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM | Permalink

Sheila- I used Murray brand which are crispy but would prefer one to be more gingery. TJoes has some nice ones. I will have to ask Dave where he got his. They were very thin and crispy and shaped like a flower. Very cute!

3. Dave
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

I believe I used Anna's Ginger Wafers…

4. Dave
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM | Permalink

White Stilton w/cranberries can also be used for this… I used Wensleydale in this case because they didn't have White Stilton

Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM | Permalink

Dave- Thanks, the cookies were very cute, will have to look for that brand then!

6. Biz
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM | Permalink

Okay, I am going to have to find that cheese!

Thanks for all your comments and well wishes for Tony – I really appreciate it!

Hugs!

7. Karen
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM | Permalink

This sounds divine. I doubt I can find the cheese here, but I'm going to look for it! Anna's Ginger Thins are the *best* ginger cookie I've had.

8. oneordinaryday
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM | Permalink

Mmmm, sounds wonderful. I'm going to write this down and keep my eye out for it. 🙂

9. tamilyn
    Posted December 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM | Permalink

Favorite.Wine.Ever! I was introduced to it in 2005-haven't stopped drinking it since!

10. Bronya @ Daisy Cales
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM | Permalink

Wensleydale and Cranberries…..yum
    Ginger Snaps…..yum

Which means both together have got to be double yum!!!!!