BBQ Stain on My White T-Shirt Pulled Pork Sandwiches

COUNTRY COUNTDOWN #9

Now here’s a little diddy that Himself likes to sing along with on the radio. Especially the part, “she was killing me in that mini-skirt.” I have no idea who he’s thinking about when he is singing that, because I don’t think I have ever worn a mini-skirt, let alone one that would kill a guy. But I do know that his little nickname he gave me right from the getgo is about the cutest little set of initials a gal could ever hope to have. I’m his TLU. That doesn’t stand for Texas Lutheran University either, no siree bob. Tim McGraw’s “BBQ Stain” song is a cute little tale of first love, and all I can think about is that stupid stain on his shirt, and how his momma was ever going to get it out. I imagine he wouldn’t have had to work so hard for that first kiss either if his shirt was all nice and sparkly clean. What on earth kind of BBQ was that boy eating when he stained up his good white t-shirt. My guess? A delicious, juicy, messy, gloppy, sweet, spicy, smokey pulled pork sandwich, that’s what.

BBQ Stain on My White T-Shirt Pulled Pork Sandwich
Ingredients for BBQ Pork:
6 pound Pork Shoulder
1 beer- I used a Bud
kosher salt
black pepper
garlic powder
smoked paprika
one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce- I used Sweet Baby Ray’s

One recipe BRK Coleslaw
Some Sweet Hot Jalapenos, optional but so good
Rolls

Instructions:
Rub all sides of your pork shoulder with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. I just sprinkle it on and rub it in, so use as much or as little as you like. Place pork in a large crockpot and pour beer in around the sides. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Remove pork from crockpot, shred, remove fat, and bone. Drain crockpot, return shredded meat and pour in as much BBQ sauce as you would like. Cover and cook another hour or until hot through. Serve on buns with Coleslaw and Sweet Hot Jalapenos. I got close to 2 quart mason jars full of BBQ Pork.

Did you miss yesterday’s Country Countdown #10? Red Solo Cup Margaritas made with wine.

Come back tomorrow for Country Countdown #8 “Bait a Hook” Redneck Sushi

1. Big Dude
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM | Permalink

Looks like a serious sammy and I can envision having stuff running down your arms as you ate it.

2. SammaMichelle
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

I don't even listen to Country Music enough to know most of the songs…but I TOTALLY LOVE this series already!! What a cute and fun idea!!! The Red Solo Cup margarita…hysterical and yes, we've all been there!! We're having a version of this same pork this weekend so I'll have to add this song to my playlist and put it on the surround system :0)

Posted February 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM | Permalink

Samma- Thanks so much! Country songs do tell great stories and always make me laugh! Or make me hungry;-)

4. Mimi
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM | Permalink

A sandwich worth staining your shirt for. However a little ox1clean should solve that problem.
    Mimi

5. BaasPro
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM | Permalink

You had me at "Sweet Baby Ray's"… 🙂

6. knitalot3
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM | Permalink

YUM! Hate country music, but I could definitely go for the sandwich.

7. Cara @ The Boys Made Me Do It
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM | Permalink

I can remember the exact place and time I was the first time I heard this song and the greasy diner I was at when listening to it! So many good memories thank you for the laugh!

8. oneordinaryday
    Posted February 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM | Permalink

YUM. I love a good crunchy slaw on my pork bbq too. But when I'm in a rush, good old fashioned french fried onions from a can are a nice substitute.
    Looks so good I'm hungry for pork bbq for breakfast!

9. grace
    Posted February 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM | Permalink

juicy pork, LOTS of sauce, and cool, crisp cabbage slaw–that's my idea bbq sandwich.