Start in The Middle

Start in The MiddleWhen a new page stares me in the face all white and blank-like, I ponder the first words, almost over think them even. It is always hard to start afresh. I was given good advice long ago, by whom, I don’t remember, but the words were, “start in the middle.” The middle of this tale begins here on this brand new Big Red Kitchen. This middle point, although looks brand new, is not something new, it has been four years in the making, right in the middle of a bigger plan. This middle point is the pinnacle on which I will launch everything I hope and dream for BRK. I am in the middle of figuring out ways to better share my ideas on helping families streamline meal time. I am in the middle of changing the way I eat and feed my family. I am smack dab in the middle of exactly where I want to be. I like middles- that moment in time when we look back and learn from our experiences, and look forward to create new ones. Maybe I like middles so much because they are beginnings and endings all at once.

Welcome to my middle. Many of you have been with me since the beginning, I thank you! I hope we can go through many more middles together with no end in sight!

Take a look around this first part of many phases- do you like it?

1. Posted March 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM | Permalink

Well, congratulations on reaching your middle!!! I can only imagine what your future might hold and all is good looking from this view. LOVE the big red banner on top and the clean, white background. Now keep this new ball rolling. Susan

• Robin Sue
      Posted March 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM | Permalink

Thank you Susan! Yes, I must keep that ball going!

2. Posted March 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM | Permalink

Yea, you! Looks awesome!

3. Karen
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM | Permalink

Just gorgeous, Robin Sue! Visually appealing, easy to navigate… very, very, nice!

4. Lynne
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM | Permalink

Middles are incredible aren’t they? Wishing you joy and peace as you create and share 🙂

5. Kristine C
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM | Permalink

It looks great! Congrats on a fresh, middle start!

6. Posted March 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM | Permalink

Looks wonderful!

7. Posted March 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM | Permalink

i love middles too and think they’re highly undervalued…and i LOVE the new site layout! can’t wait to keep reading and diving in to your story sweet girl 🙂

8. Joyce
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM | Permalink

Congratulations! Looks great! Things definitely evolve over time, and are actually quite right in the middle-just sometimes we don’t embrace the middle because we are too busy fearing change or looking too far ahead. Thanks for all you do to help inspire and educate!

9. Posted March 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM | Permalink

Congratulation! It looks fantastic. I can’t wait to see where it all goes from here!

10. Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM | Permalink

Love the new layout Robin!! Here’s to many more years! 😀

You and I have “known” each other since 2008! Here was your first comment on a 5k race I ran.

bigredkitchen.com x
    bigredkitchen@yahoo.com
    96.255.128.187

Submitted on 2008/10/24 at 1:39 pm

Hey that is great you did not come in last. When I ran (walked) races, I just prayed the whole time I would not be last! Love Chicken Parm! Yum!

Thanks for being friends all these years!

• Robin Sue
      Posted March 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM | Permalink

Biz,
      That is so cool that you found the first comment. I still hate running! Hahahaha! It’s been a great 4 years together!
      R!

11. Posted March 26, 2012 at 6:19 AM | Permalink

Wow Robin! You’ve inspired so many – including myself – to do so much. I was so happy to be at the beginning with you – and so very happy to be in the middle now. Your amazing – keep it up!!

12. jenn
    Posted March 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM | Permalink

i like where the blog title is. not too dominant, but there for all to see. it makes the posts stand out more!

13. Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM | Permalink

Looks great over hete! I am also in the middle of a blog re-do…so much work eh!

• Robin Sue
      Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM | Permalink

Oh yeah it was a ton of work for my web master and designer, but they made it look so seamless and gave me exactly what I wanted! I am very happy! Thanks Cathy, good luck with your redesign.

14. Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM | Permalink