Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”

DSC08178

Many write to me asking for more paleo recipes, with the biggest request for pasta and rice substitutes, workout recovery meals, and rebuilding desserts to be paleo. I am right there with those folks! I have been following the paleo lifestyle since February and have found ways not to miss pastas and rice- vegetables! Onions make beautiful noodles under a bed of bolognese sauce, spaghetti squash is a great base for marinara sauce, sweet potatoes are delicious topped with chili, and stir-fry is fantastic on stir-fried cauliflower “rice.” Hang in there paleo pals, you can do it!  Here is one more Cauliflower “rice” recipe to add to your repertoire.

Cilantro Lime Cauliflower "Rice"
Author:
Recipe type: Side Dish
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4

Full of flavor, this "rice" dish will make you think it is really rice!
Ingredients
  • One medium cauliflower, chopped fine, see note below
  • ¼ cup water
  • zest of 1 lime
  • juice of ½ lime
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. To chop or "rice" your cauliflower to resemble "rice" please follow the link below to my video.
  2. Place "riced" cauliflower in a medium pan over medium heat. Pour water over cauliflower and cover. Simmer for 18 minutes. Drain. Be sure to add the water, I forgot and the cauli stuck a bit!
  3. Stir in lime zest, juice, cilantro. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Serve immediately.
Notes
The fastest way to rice cauliflower can be seen here... http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2012/05/the-fastest-way-to-rice-cauliflower-video/

Before trying this recipe at home…learn the fastest way to “rice” cauliflower, please watch my video

For more Paleo Recipes, look here.

1. Posted June 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM | Permalink

i really need to get on the cauliflower rice train. i love it, just never make it!

2. Posted June 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM | Permalink

Hey Robin… WOnderful photos!!! Nice to have another dish bsides faux mashed potatoes.

Dave

3. Posted June 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM | Permalink

That looks awesome Robin!!

I’m making dijon roasted cauliflower tonight – have you made that before?

It’s a little olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons dijon mustard. Mix that together and roast for 30 minutes at 400. It sounds good – hopefully my kids like it!

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM | Permalink

sounds yummy Jenn! I have not made that one yet!

4. Posted June 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Permalink

Love the sound of this!

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM | Permalink

Thanks Kalyn! I am enjoying your new Slow Cooker site!

5. Posted June 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM | Permalink

I love ricing cauliflower! Is ricing a word? If it isn’t, it should be!

6. Kat
    Posted September 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM | Permalink

Hi – hey, quick question… YUMMY flavor, and I’m LOVING using cauliflower as a replacement for rice, but: I’m not having much luck chopping cauliflower up into “rice-sized bites” in my food processor. Either raw or semi-cooked, it just clogs up my processor – short of getting a new one – do you have any tricks? THANKS!

7. Vika
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM | Permalink

I LOVE this!! Can’t wait to try your other recipes!!

8. Posted February 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM | Permalink

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on
    this blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

• Robin Sue
      Posted February 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM | Permalink

May be your end?

9. Posted January 8, 2014 at 9:12 PM | Permalink

This recipe looks delicious AND it fits the paleo autoimmune protocol. So, thank you! I recently started a weekly Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable through my blog, and I would love it if you linked up this recipe. I’m trying to expand resources for the AIP community. Here’s the link: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2014/01/08/paleo-aip-recipe-roundtable-9/

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM | Permalink

Thanks Eileen! I added the link!!

3 Trackbacks

1. […] socks knocked off with this beef recipe. I’ve paired it with a slightly modified version of Big Red Kitchen’s Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice” and, if you haven’t seen her tutorial on how to rice cauliflower, I highly recommend it. I […]

2. By OMC! (That’s right C!) « It's a Scarey World on January 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

[…] that I had to keep experimenting. I looked on The Big Red Kitchen for more and found a recipe for cilantro lime cauliflower “rice”. Well of course I had to try that shiz, I love cilantro lime rice. The recipe was easy enough and I […]

3. […] tonight with cilantro-lime cauliflower "rice". OMG so good. Here is the recipe I used: http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2012/06…liflower-rice/ She even has a video on how to "rice" the cauliflower. Super easy! I put a bed of […]