I did it! I passed the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Course

What a wonderful journey! I have been CrossFitting for 3 years now, starting out on November 1, 2009 as a broken down, out of shape 42 year old. You can read my CrossFit story here.  I had no idea this journey would take me into coaching. In June of this year the owners of my Crossfit asked if I would like to start coaching. “You talking to me?”  Suddenly my cool meter went up a few notches from dork to dork extraordinaire, I was going to coach and learn from some incredible athletes.  Look at that photo above when I finally- after 3 years- managed to flip that blasted 200 pound tire.  My friends have pointed out that I am a freak of nature as I have developed a six-pack chest instead of six-pack abs. Go figure.

Look Ma, no help

On Nov. 17-18th I completed the CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Course and passed the test with a perfect score. I was psyched over that as it has been 20 years since I took a major exam. The weekend was very intense both physically and mentally. 60 of us took part in a classic CrossFit WOD (workout of the day) and let me tell you, once that heavy rock music started and coaches started yelling in my face, I pumped iron and did pull-ups like my life depended on it. So. Much. Fun.  Here is the group below that I learned and trained with for that weekend at Trident CrossFit in Alexandria, VA. Where’s Robin Sue?  Click photo to enlarge.

I am very thankful to the owners and my friends, Matt and Kari of CrossFit Tysons Corner, and my fellow coaches for coaching me all these years. I am also thankful to Himself for making me do CrossFit in the first place, my little cheerleaders- my kids, and Jesus who gives me (force x distance) ÷ time = Power!  My life has changed dramatically, and my prayer is that I help others change their’s.  But the best thing of all? I get to WOD with Himself and my son. And you know what, they listen to me. At the gym anyway.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

This is the Life!

1. Tammy
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM | Permalink

So inspirational! Congratulations!!

2. Steph Spalding
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM | Permalink

That’s great Robin! Congratulations!

3. Posted November 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM | Permalink

WooHoo! Congratulations!

4. Lisa
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM | Permalink

Good for you!! A terrific achievement!

5. Posted November 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM | Permalink

WOO! Congratulations!! You’ve worked hard for this and deserve it. WTG, super-strong lady!

6. Posted November 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Permalink

You’re awesome!

7. Tanya Phillips
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Permalink

Wow, that’s really amazing! So happy for you, way to go! 😀

8. KP
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM | Permalink

Congratulations Robin Sue! You inspired me to start CrossFit six months ago and I absolutely can not get enough of it! If I am ever out your way I would love to stop by your box and participate in one of your WODs!

• Robin Sue
      Posted November 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM | Permalink

Come on by! Would like to meet you!

9. Posted November 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM | Permalink

Congratulations!! That is awesome! I have a friend that recently passed the same, here in India, and I could see how much effort went into it. So, congratulationns!

10. JJ
    Posted May 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM | Permalink

I know this reply is 6 months out from your post, but I was curious how you knew you actually got 100% on your test. My email says I passed but it doesn’t have the actual test score included. Thanks.

• Robin Sue
      Posted May 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM | Permalink

At the upper left in the email you received saying you passed is your ID number and below it is your score. Hope this helps! Robin