Don’t have time for this! Plus Happy 5 Years

photo-002 Bummer! I had a very lady-like, super graceful fall on Sunday and thought I could pop right back up like a champion, but instead I sat frozen knowing I had dislocated my shoulder. Poop. Of course once I was out of ear shot from my son’s Bible Study class, and tucked neatly in my van, with Himself barreling down the road did I let the screaming and cussing begin. Nothing like pain stronger than childbirth to change a nice girl into a swearing machine. Even Himself was a bit surprised. I sat in that position for a few hours in the ER until the good doctor knocked me out of my senses while he and some other muscleman pulled me in every direction to pop me back into place. I have his fingerprints bruised into my arm as a reminder.  Now the real work begins. I don’t know yet if I am permanenty damaged or if this is going to be textbook. I will remain positive and hopeful that I will be right as rain very soon.

Anyway, other than that I have not posted in a few weeks because here I am on 5 years of blogging and I had to ponder, “what now?” I feel I have done so many wonderful and exciting things with blogging, that I had to wonder what the next 5 years would look like for me and BRK. I went out for coffee, prayed, talked to friends and family, and pondered some more.  The revelation? Nothing. Nothing different that is, I will continue this ecclectic world of Robin Sue and my adventures in eating and life. So while I enjoyed my time off “making a life instead of a living” there is still so much to share with you all here in Big Red Kitchen.

Typing with one hand stinks.

Happy 5 years to us! Thanks for following.

1. Posted January 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM | Permalink

oh Robin! I’m so sorry – I hope the healing goes quickly!

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM | Permalink

Hope so too! Don’t like cabin fever!

2. Posted January 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM | Permalink

Ouch! Hope the recovery goes well, Robin Sue!

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM | Permalink

Thank you Karen! one-armed cooking can be my new skill!

3. Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM | Permalink

Oh no! I hope it’s textbook and you’re back to normal very soon! Here’s to a speedy recovery.

4. Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM | Permalink

Happy Anniversary! I am about to have my 5 year blog-a-versay! It goes by fast, doesn’t it?

Hope you feel better!!!

5. Posted January 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM | Permalink

Oh, no! Even in pain you tell a compelling story.

Good luck with the recovery and happ 5 years!!!

6. sharon
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM | Permalink

What a bummer! I feel your pain….literally. I have broken both of my shoulders while running. Yes, true story… concrete is not very forgiving. I broke the right one 9 years ago, and the very next year I broke the left one. In the beginning, I slept in a recliner as recommended by my orthopedic doctor. Was more comfortable than laying in bed. To this day, I only sleep on my back. As far as recovery, I healed very well. As hard as it will be, listen to the doctors and don’t push it. Our muscles have amazing memories, hopefully you’ll be back doing handstand push-ups before you know it. Prayers for you for a speedy recovery! Sharon

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:28 AM | Permalink

Thanks Sharon for the encouragement. I hope I get back to normal and can avoid surgery! I am having cabin fever as I have not tried to drive yet.

7. Posted January 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM | Permalink

Sorry to hear about the fall and hope you have a speedy recovery. Happy blogiversary – 5 years is a lot of words and pictures.

8. Posted January 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM | Permalink

Wow – Robin – that is NOT the way to celebrate 5 years!!!! So proud of you for hitting that milestone – that is a lifetime in blog years! So glad you are keeping it up – can’t imagine a day not starting with a peek into Big Red Kitchen!!! Love you!

9. Posted January 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM | Permalink

So sorry for your accident. Truly a bummer. But I did want to leave you a note- you have been such an encouragement to me and I don’t want you to get discouraged. First, I first started with making your rosemary browned butter and have cooked and eaten my way through lots of your recipes. You are in my Reader subscriptions for a reason! Then I read your CrossFit journey and got inspired again. I’ve been fit, etc. but reading as you said you did it little by little, you never gave up and you were cheered on by others in your gym as they never left your side- I imagine you when I’m into 50 knees to elbows and can hardly grip the bar anymore. I keep going because I can and little by little it will add up because it did for you.
    So whether this shoulder thing goes how you would like it to or not, don’t give up! You inspire us!

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM | Permalink

Thank you so much Mindy, I needed to hear that! I am trying to be “good” and rest, but that is hard to do. I did go to crossfit last night to watch and be with my friends- everyone was great!
      I have lots of help and I will push my mind to think possitive!
      Never give up!!

10. Posted January 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM | Permalink

I am so sorry that happend – my husband had his shoulder dislocated in football, and he said it was the worst pain ever.

In March we will have been “friends” for four of your five years! Love it and congrats!

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM | Permalink

Happy four years to us then!!!!

11. Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM | Permalink

well crap. that’s a stinker, robin sue, but i’m sure you handled yourself much more appropriately than i would’ve. 🙂

12. MelissaM
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM | Permalink

While I did not dislocate my shoulder, I did do a complete flip down a set of concrete bleachers one year ago valentines day. Eleven staples to the top of my head (I have my own lightning bolt scar), a CT scan, and leg x-ray later, I too had to slow down for a bit. Life has a way of making us stop and refocus.

Love reading your blog. Keep up the great work.

• Robin Sue
      Posted January 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM | Permalink

Yup a complete stop! Glad you are OK!

13. Posted January 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM | Permalink

Happy 5 year anniversary! Um, that’s an interesting way of commemoratin’. 🙂 Hope you’re on the mend SOON!
    I’m a new fan on Facebook, and I’m following you on Blogger. I hope to enjoy your next 5 years of blogging! 🙂

14. Posted February 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Permalink

What a bummer! Hope that you are back to two handed typing soon. Congrats on five years at BRK. You really don’t need to change a thing.
    Mimi

15. Saramaya W.
    Posted February 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM | Permalink

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Robin Sue
      Posted February 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM | Permalink

Thank you!!

16. Posted February 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM | Permalink

Wishing you a quick and easy recovery, Robin Sue!!!!!