At Manderley Cottage…

IMG_3595Where she enchants us with her little lights in the windowpanes that  awaken each evening to bathe us in a soft glow while we play games or a hand of cards, read, and sometimes quietly sit listening to the night song that encompasses us, and where her own added song is a chorus  of creaking floors and squeaking doors.

Where as the seasons change, her gardens surprise us with new beauty.

Where we take time to teach and learn a new craft.

Where we indulge a little.

And where we get caught up in love.

But most of all, where the fire is inviting, the hearth cozy, and the time well traveled.

1. Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

Like hubby’s hat

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM | Permalink

Thanks Larry! He is a hat man;)

2. Sharon
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM | Permalink

Okay, I think I just broke a commandment after reading that….”Thou Shall Not Covet” LOL. That quaint little cottage sounds like the perfect reprieve from the hustle and bustle from every day life. I think my blood pressure dropped as I read it. :o) Blessings, Sharon

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM | Permalink

Thanks Sharon, God is good.

3. Sally
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing Manderley with us. It looks absolutely wonderful to be able to sneak away to such a place. What a treasure.

4. Coconut
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM | Permalink

As Sharon noted, I also felt myself relaxing as I enjoyed this post.

Love, too, how the clocks on the last picture are set on different times.

What a beautiful, warm, delightful, and heartfelt glimpse into your life there.

Thank you for sharing it here with us. <3 🙂

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM | Permalink

So happy you noted the clocks- Pacific time where Himself is from, EST- Manderley time, and Germany time, another place where we love to be!

5. Posted October 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM | Permalink