At Manderley Cottage…

IMG_3595Where she enchants us with her little lights in the windowpanes that  awaken each evening to bathe us in a soft glow while we play games or a hand of cards, read, and sometimes quietly sit listening to the night song that encompasses us, and where her own added song is a chorus  of creaking floors and squeaking doors.

DSC03712

Where as the seasons change, her gardens surprise us with new beauty.

IMG_3518

Where we take time to teach and learn a new craft.

IMG_3917

Where we indulge a little.

IMG_3893

And where we get caught up in love.

IMG_3966

But most of all, where the fire is inviting, the hearth cozy, and the time well traveled.

1. Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

Like hubby’s hat

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM | Permalink

Thanks Larry! He is a hat man;)

2. Sharon
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM | Permalink

Okay, I think I just broke a commandment after reading that….”Thou Shall Not Covet” LOL. That quaint little cottage sounds like the perfect reprieve from the hustle and bustle from every day life. I think my blood pressure dropped as I read it. :o) Blessings, Sharon

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM | Permalink

Thanks Sharon, God is good.

3. Sally
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing Manderley with us. It looks absolutely wonderful to be able to sneak away to such a place. What a treasure.

4. Coconut
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM | Permalink

As Sharon noted, I also felt myself relaxing as I enjoyed this post.

Love, too, how the clocks on the last picture are set on different times.

What a beautiful, warm, delightful, and heartfelt glimpse into your life there.

Thank you for sharing it here with us. <3 🙂

• Robin Sue
      Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM | Permalink

So happy you noted the clocks- Pacific time where Himself is from, EST- Manderley time, and Germany time, another place where we love to be!

5. Posted October 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM | Permalink