snack time: baked potato bites

photo-53

photo-53

My Team is beyond hungry when I pick them up from school everyday.  A few times last week, I packed food to have for them the second they got in the car which diverted their usual Hangry (so hungry, they’re angry) unpleasantness. The other day I saw a photo of these very delicious Baked Potato Bites on Peter’s FB page, Kalofagas, and had to make them for my gang.  Super simple to make, these went great with my Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.

no real recipe baked potato bitesSlice potatoes 1/4 thick, toss with evoo, place as a single layer on parchment, sprinkle with old bay seasoning, bake at  400 degrees for 20 min. While the potatoes are baking, chop & fry bacon, top baked potato bites with bacon & shredded cheddar, bake 2 minutes more, and serve with buttermilk ranch dressing. Adapted from kalofagas.ca, the best Greek chef in the world.

What are some of your favorite after-school snacks?

1. Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM | Permalink

They look like a great after school (or anytime) snack.

2. Posted June 11, 2014 at 9:43 AM | Permalink

Sounds yummy and looks delicious!

3. Cara
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM | Permalink

I made these tonight…along with your buttermilk ranch and your london broil. Huge hit!

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM | Permalink

That is AWESOME! Thanks for coming back and letting me know, it means a lot to me!

4. Sharon
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM | Permalink

I am so borrowing the term, “Hangry.” My crew totally suffers from this condition on a very regular basis. And, thanks for the recipe. Not only simple, but affordable. ~Sharon

5. Sharon
    Posted June 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM | Permalink

I love your word, “Hangry.” I am so going to use it, again and again! I’m thinking of some variations as well. Such as “Hiny,” so hungry they are whiny. Or, “Humpy,” so hungry they’re grumpy. I love making up words. As for the recipe, I love the simplicity. This is one of those recipes my 13-yr old can make. She would skip the ranch and dunk them in salsa… her favorite food group. :o) I like the versatility of this recipe. You could basically use whatever you have in the fridge to top these, and they would still taste good–various cheeses, meats, herbs, veggies. Thanks for the inspiration, and the time-saver recipe! ~Sharon

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM | Permalink

Thanks Sharon! I love how you have good ideas to add variety to this. You got me thinking that even scrambled eggs and cheese would be good too for breakfast bites.

6. Sharon
    Posted June 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM | Permalink

Okay, so sorry for the redundancy. It is true I’ve been known to repeat myself, but this time it was not intentional. I posted once and it didn’t look like it took, so I posted again on a different computer. Nonetheless, the truth remains, the recipe is awesome! And, you’re awesome, too! Blessings, Sharon

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM | Permalink

No problem! I did the same thing today sending the same exact email to the same person. 🙂