What is Your Favorite Burger Joint?

Himself has introduced us to Dick’s. It is a burger joint that he went to while growing up in Seattle. It is an old glassed in looking drive up restaurant that you make your order at the window and watch them quickly prepare your meal then eat it in your car or drive off to somewhere nice to eat it. The menu is simple; burgers, fries, milkshakes and pop. We ordered our standard order which is always burgers, fries, and all three shakes, strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla, which we pass around for all to taste. This time, Himself took us to a really nifty place to eat our burgers.

It is called Gas Works Park. This waterfront park is the perfect way to watch the float or seaplanes take off or land and has a beautiful backdrop of the ever growing city of Seattle. It is also a popular choice spot to watch the fire works over Lake Union on the Fourth of July. It was pretty chilly out that evening as a rain storm had just blown through (shock) so I got out long enough to take some pictures then double time it back to the car to finish off my delicious burger, fries and vanilla shake.

Do you have a favorite burger joint?

I will be in Denver next week and Boston in October, any suggestions?

1. PaniniKathy
    Posted August 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM | Permalink

I wish I’d known about Dick’s when we visited Seattle last summer! They’ve got such good food in that town. My favorite place to get burgers is real dive – a place called Alpine Inn (known to the locals as Zott’s) in Portola Valley, CA. The juiciest (aka “greasiest”!) rectangular-shaped burgers with great fries.

2. Beth
    Posted August 29, 2008 at 6:30 PM | Permalink

I don’t know about Denver but Fort Collins has amazing food. I’ll admit it has been awhile since I’ve been there. There was an awesome place called Victoria’s. They made the best beignets, or try Starry Night for awesome coffee. But you must go to New Belgium Brewing, http://www.newbelgium.com/ So fun, even if you’re not a big beer drinker. And if you are all the better. Fort Collins is not that far, maybe 45 minutes and well worth the trip. And for burgers or Runza’s go to Runza Drive-Inn. http://www.boorah.com/restaurants/CO/loveland/runza-drive-inn/62E0805760.html
    If you’ve not had one omg check it out. (this may be the longest post I’ve written.) I really do love the areas around Denver and Fort Collins is the best. Hope you have fun.

Posted August 29, 2008 at 6:41 PM | Permalink

Kathy- Dives are the best aren’t they. That is why there is a show on them! If I ever get to CA I will have to try your place! Thanks for commenting.

Beth- wow great tips I will look in to these places. I will be in Col Springs a few days then Denver so this is perfect. Thanks for going out of your way and giving me these tips, I really appreciated it!!

4. James
    Posted August 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM | Permalink

Robin Sue: go to Cave Man Kitchens in Kent while you’re in Seattle. You won’t be sorry!

5. That Girl
    Posted August 30, 2008 at 12:02 AM | Permalink

I’m so not a burger girl – I don’t even have a favorite burger joint. I like the ones where you can get a chicken sandwich.

6. Beth
    Posted August 30, 2008 at 12:41 AM | Permalink

Robin, Colorado Springs has good spots too. Even if you’re not staying in the Broadmoor go check them out for a meal. I loved this place. Also two places in that area to check out http://www.gardenofgods.com/home/index.cfm?flash=1 and http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2047 this last one is something to see.

7. Grace
    Posted August 30, 2008 at 3:30 AM | Permalink

is it bad that my favorite burger joint is a chain? i can’t get enough of red robin. so much variety, and the fries are to die for. 🙂

Posted September 1, 2008 at 8:17 AM | Permalink

Beth- Thanks for the tips. We tried to make it to Bishops castle at your suggestion, but ran out of time, we stayed longer at Royal gorge than we thought. We all wanted to go, sounds so neat, next time! We may try dinner at the Broadmoor though! Thanks!

Grace- I love Red Robin’s too! The endless fries as well!