BRK’s Savory Division 2008 Olympics; You Decide

Ihave looked at my Google Analytics for the Summer and gathered the Top Ten Savory Posts of Summer 2008. An Olympics of sorts for Big Red Kitchen in the savory division. The analytics is cool but I would like to hear your opinion. Why don’t you help me narrow it down to bronze, silver and gold. Here are the choices in random order. Please pick your #1 favorite BRK Savory Post from the following and let me know in the comments section.

Crash Hot Potatoes and Rotisserie Beef

My Big Fat Italian Sandwich

Pancake Squares

Brie and Fig Appetizer

Salmon Bake

Company Pork Tenderloin Another popular post as this recipe originates from my friend Rindy!

Dig Deep Salad

Favorite Fish Patties

Homemade French Fries

Carne en Palito recipe from Laylita’s Recipes. Even though this is not my recipe it was a popular post!

Remember, pick your #1 favorite BRK Savory Post of Summer 2008. I can’t wait to see which will be the winning dish! Do I get to vote? I can hardly stand it. If you have never commented on this site now is your chance to be heard!

Update- Wow look at all the votes coming in, there is still time. Will post results on Monday.

1. colleen
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 8:35 AM | Permalink

I would have to say the pancake squares. since seeing them on your blog, i have made them several times for my family…really yummy. after that i would say the italian sandwich would be my favorite.

2. schvin
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 10:43 AM | Permalink

brie & fig! great blog!

3. redforever
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 10:54 AM | Permalink

Company pork tenderloin all the way. I have made it a couple of times, always excellent!!!

4. Nicole
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 12:13 PM | Permalink

Pancake savory? I would think it was more sweet… even if it didn’t have sugar in it…

But my vote is the Carne en Palito!!! I actually made it. Well I did the sauces and made steak and chicken (I didn’t have skeweres). It has been nearly a month or so but I am going to post about it next. FINALLY. I am having such a hard time keeping up with my posts.

I think I’d give the silver to the Italian sandwich or fries…. hmmmm… they sound good together!

5. Rindy R
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM | Permalink

They all look so wonderful. I would have to say the dig deep salads are number one – since I have made them 3 times since your post.
    Number 2 would definitely have to be the pancake squares – such a hit with my girls.
    All your food is gold medal worthy – what a tough choice!!!!

6. nicisme
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM | Permalink

I could eat the Brie and fig appetizer at any time, so that gets my vote.
    I do like the look of the salad too though, minus the eggs – I might have to try that!

7. Jenny
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM | Permalink

I’m new here, but my vote is for the big fat Italian sandwich, Yum! Just stumbled upon you here and I look forward to visiting often!

8. Anonymous
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 5:22 PM | Permalink

Gold – Dig Deep Salad
    Silver – Company Pork Tenerloin
    Bronze – Pancake Squares Ma

9. EAT!
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM | Permalink

I vote for Favorite Fish Patties. Anything fried is a gold medal winner to me.

10. Anonymous
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM | Permalink

Gold-Salmon Bake-it was good. I was there.
    Silver-Pancake Squares
    Bronze-Crash Hot Potatoes

11. That Girl
    Posted September 9, 2008 at 11:39 PM | Permalink

I vote pork tenderloin! It looks so juicy!

12. noble pig
    Posted September 10, 2008 at 1:21 AM | Permalink

Without a doubt the pancake squares!

13. Grace
    Posted September 10, 2008 at 3:23 AM | Permalink

i was most excited by your pancake squares. as a pancake lover, i couldn’t believe i’d never encountered them before!

14. recipes2share
    Posted September 10, 2008 at 4:20 AM | Permalink

What a choice to have to make. Love the did deep salad though!

15. Veronica
    Posted September 10, 2008 at 6:59 AM | Permalink

I like the company pork…it has that yummy sherbert dessert with the gumball!

16. Kate
    Posted September 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM | Permalink

Gold: Pancake Squares, because it made me ding myself in the head like ‘I could have had a V8’ and the method became a regular in my routine. That’s a gold all the way.

Silver: Fish Patty Sandwich

Bronze: French Fries, but only because your Ma’s posts are not on the list (Google Analytics must not be workng properly), otherwise I’d vote for her posts.

17. Sabrina
    Posted September 11, 2008 at 8:18 AM | Permalink

Gold: Pancake squares
    Silver: Hot crashed potatoes
    Bronze: Company Pork
    I have made all. All were hits. For stay over company I make the pork and potatoes for dinner then the pancake squares in the morning.

18. Kristen
    Posted September 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM | Permalink

I have to give the Pancake squares my winning vote. Genius!

Company Pork Tenderloin gets the Silver

Bronze – Homemade french fries

19. Alexa
    Posted September 11, 2008 at 3:36 PM | Permalink

I have to go with the Brie and Fig appetizer… a favorite combination. And I can’t resist figs in any way shape or form.

20. Julie
    Posted September 12, 2008 at 12:09 AM | Permalink

I think I have to say pancake squares. I really want ’em. Like now, perhaps!