Stir-fried Cauliflower Rice: Video

Some folks have written in asking about recipes using that big jar o’cauliflower rice I made in my last video, “The fastest way to rice cauliflower.”  One of my favorite ways to use up that large jar of raw “riced” cauliflower is to make a quick and basic stir-fried rice recipe that I enjoy during my mid-week lunch breaks after my workouts.  It is fast and flavorful and a good foundation recipe for adding vegetables, meats, seafoods, nuts, more heat- spice wise, and other seasonings. Please feel free to get creative and add ingredients according to your dietary needs. For example vegetarians and vegans, you will enjoy this dish using coconut, avocado, or olive oil in place of the bacon fat, or vegans you may do without the egg but be sure to add the soy sauce at the very end, in fact, take that skillet off the heat so your flavoring sauce doesn’t sizzle away.

Ideas…
Try stir-frying a variety of veggies in your pan until tender-crisp, remove from pan and stir-fry your cauliflower as explained in the video. Add your egg wash with soy sauce- try adding red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil to the mixture. Once it is stir-fried into your cauliflower, add the veggies back to the pan and heat through. If you would like to add meat, sear first, remove from pan, and add at the end after the egg mixture has been stir-fried in, being sure to cook a little longer until the meat is cooked through. Nice garnishes are chopped nuts, sprouts, more green onion slices, or cilantro. I hope you get the idea of how flexible this dish can be. Enjoy!

This is one of the basic stir-fried cauli rice recipe I will be eating along side the Wok Wednesday recipes.

5.0 from 3 reviews
Stir-fried Cauliflower Rice
Author:
Recipe type: stir-fry, main, side
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1-2

A basic stir-fried cauliflower rice recipe that can be built upon according to your likes by adding veggies, meat, and other flavorings.
Ingredients
  • 2 cups "riced" cauliflower
  • 2 Tbs bacon grease or coconut, avocado, or olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbs coconut aminos or soy sauce
  • 1 green onion sliced, green and white parts
Instructions
  1. In a medium skillet, over medium high to high heat, heat oil.
  2. Add cauliflower rice and stir-fry, stirring continually for 8 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and tender.
  3. Whisk egg and coconut aminos together and pour over cauli mixture.
  4. Stir-fry the egg mixture for 1 minute, and add the green onion, reserving a bit for garnish.
  5. Stir-fry another minute.
  6. Garnish with green onion and serve immediately.
Notes
"Riced" cauliflower is cauliflower that has been chopped into uniform tiny pieces, the size of rice. To "rice" cauliflower please see my how to video... https://bigredkitchen.com/2012/05/the-fastest-way-to-rice-cauliflower-video/ Coconut Aminos is an alternative to soy sauce used in the paleo lifestyle. It can be found at Whole Foods.

Note: Coconut Aminos is an alternative to soy sauce in the paleo lifestyle. It can be found at Whole Foods or other health food stores. Buy it up when it goes on sale! It is a fizzy liquid, so by sure it does not tip over in your car after buying it- trust me, it leaks!

Video- the fastest way to rice cauliflower

Here is another recipe using the “riced” cauliflower- Lemon Couscous Pilaf.

My first Wok Wednesdays recipe, Chinese Burmese Chili Chicken with Mason Jar Tips and Paleo alternatives.

Mason Jar Meal recipes and ideas, click here.
More Paleo recipes, click here.
My Paleo Journey, click here.
My CrossFit Journey, click here.

Another way BRK is keepin’ it GLASSY

1. Posted May 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM | Permalink

and i don’t like cauliflower
    but now i most certainly do
    excellent recipe

2. Posted May 31, 2012 at 4:39 PM | Permalink

You look so tiny! But supa strong! 😀 Love this idea Robin. 😀

3. Posted June 1, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Permalink

Well, I need to “Weigh” in on Biz’s comment… Hard to trust a skinny cook. 😉

I love continued posts… leftovers are one of my favorite ingredients. Terrific ideas and love all the Mason Jars. Good luck with that!

Dave

• Robin Sue
      Posted June 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM | Permalink

yeah but i am a messy cook, should make up for the skinny part;-)

4. Posted June 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM | Permalink

Robin you look amazing!!!!

What a simple recipe, I love it. Can’t wait to make my “rice” this weekend.

5. Bdismo
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM | Permalink

I made the rice cauliflower in a stir fry, and it is now my favorite go too! Thanks! Brilliant idea!

6. Cianain
    Posted July 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM | Permalink

This recipe has become a staple in our house (especially now that I have mastered your “ricing” technique!) I am curious if this freezes well. Have you had any experience with that?
    Many Thanks!!!

• Robin Sue
      Posted July 24, 2012 at 7:19 AM | Permalink

I have only froze the cauliflower before stir-frying it and it did fine. May be worth a try to do a little bit to see what happens!

7. Bonnes
    Posted October 5, 2012 at 3:33 AM | Permalink

I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful recipe. When I tasted it, I couldn’t believe how delicious it was- I didn’t expect cauliflower to replace the texture of rice so well and the flavors were just perfect for my liking. The only thing I did different was I pulsed my dried cauliflower in a food processor to get the cauliflower “rice” instead of blending it in a blender with water; I only used 1 tbsp of uncured bacon grease and I added 1/4 tbsp salt to round out the sweet tones from the Coconut Aminos and it tasted more like traditional fried rice to me. I can’t wait to make it with chicken for a chicken fried rice meal. Once again, thank you! This was awesome-

8. jo
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM | Permalink

I can’t believe how delicious this is. It’s so simple and not over complicated but packs so much flavor and it’s super healthy! It’s a great recipe and thank you for sharing it.

9. Tronda Lanier
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM | Permalink

I know this is an old vid. but I love it! Just cooked it and I added a lil bit more soy sauce after cooking just to get the taste I was looking for, and that worked. Fantastic!!

One Trackback

1. […] Fried Rice recipe altered from:  https://bigredkitchen.com/2012/05/stir-fried-cauliflower-rice-video/ […]